Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
puppy poop question

Is common for a puppy to make more poop than normal after a deworming?

The vet gave my pup a deworm on friday that was oral, and he is making more poop than usual yesterday at late night and today, however the poop is firm.

He eats 3 times a day , and in I give him 4 meals of raw in a week

My mom is telling me I should stop feeding him the raw meals, but I know is not harmful for dogs to eat raw beef.

I guess the cause is the deworming?

I gave him a half of a duck egg yesterday in his kibble.

Also I found 2 hole seeds of peanuts in one of his poop, my father gave them to him.

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
As long as the poops look normal, I don't think I would worry too much. If he is still on three meals a day he must be a baby, and still pooping at least once for each meal. It could be the wormer, it could be that he is getting more food than he really needs, so is passing more. Check with your vet if anything looks unusual.

Peanuts - in moderation - should do no harm. Macadamia nuts can be lethal, as can raisins and chocolate, though, so watch out for those.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Peanuts - in moderation - should do no harm. Macadamia nuts can be lethal, as can raisins and chocolate, though, so watch out for those.
My father tried feeding mine shelled peanuts on their visit a couple months back and I would just avoid feeding any.

Also the same severity goes for pistachios. Pistachios contain high amounts of phosphorus which can cause bladder stones in dogs, shutting down the kidneys. The pistachios may also contain poisonous aflatoxin (which is a fungus or mold)Low levels are safe for human consumption but dogs are more sensitive and is extremely poisonous to them.

My two favorite nuts, I dont allow in the house:)

Glad things are better!

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
My two favorite nuts, I dont allow in the house:)
I am the same - no macadamia nuts, no raisins and very, very rarely do I allow chocolate over the threshold. I hope our animals appreciate the sacrifices we make!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts