Poodle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,888 Posts
That picture of Baby Luna has just sent my puppy fever through the roof!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello: I have the cutest foster baby who has undergone the loss of her eye and part of her jaw. I was wondering what type of dog she is -- she was classified as a toy poodle but not 100% sure. She has an adoption lined up but is only 4lbs and remains a very picky eater which we hope improves as she heals from her jaw and teeth removal surgeries. We have been using entice to stimulate her appetite. I've given her bad hair cuts but her hair is better now that I've learned how to brush it everyday. I will be looking thru your forums for advice. Thank, Grace

DE59864D-A2C3-4B4A-A20F-CB424090C8CD.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Despite a probable blunt force trauma and abandonment, my foster baby remains a bright and happy pup with her little tail wagging and ready to greet anyone. She does lap guard if you approach from her blind side but is happy to get a pet once she realizes you are a friend. She is very smart. I will look forward to learning tips to make her pretty for her future family. Grace
33F9B62E-DE22-465C-88C0-019725A150EA.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
She is estimated to be between 5 and 10--the teeth in the jaw section they removed were perfect and white so she had good teeth. She was not spayed so Tony La Russa Animal Rescue who has been doing her multiple surgeries spayed her. She came to me well groomed so whomever cared for her loved her and that one bad thing that happened did not ruin her spirit. She was found on a pile of furniture in a dead end street in a questionable neighborhood. The furniture appeared to be good quality and had been picked thru. There is an animal control investigation on her case. But I do not dwell on this because I am the start of her new beginning for what is sure to be her new and happy home. She already has people who want to adopt her. I need help because I'm usually a Bully Medical Rescue Foster. She is 4.7lbs!!! And her hair became matted on my watch because I had no idea I was supposed to brush her everyday. I've been learning here and I am on it now!

·
Super Moderator
3,727 Posts
...She was not spayed so Tony La Russa Animal Rescue who has been doing her multiple surgeries spayed her. She came to me well groomed so whomever cared for her loved her and that one bad thing that happened did not ruin her spirit...
I found Polly's story and skull X-ray on Facebook on the the Tony La Russa Animal Rescue hospital page. She's come a long way since then. The main area I'd want focused on for grooming would be her feet, sanitary area, and toenail clips. She's been through so much body trauma, however, I'd want only an intuitive, skilled groomer to attempt this, and only if she doesn't panic and if the docs give the okay to try.

When her fur grows back in completely on her face, she'll be cute again too. You can tell she's a pretty dog when you cover the half of her face that was healing. Her one eye has a rounded rather than almond shape typical in poodles, and her fur/hair is softer looking and looser than typical poodles, so I'd guess she's something like a poodle-maltese mix. What happened to her is a disgrace, and I wonder if she was a victim of domestic violence or left there due to an eviction but then kicked in the head by a malevolent teen or young adult in the neighborhood. If he or she isn't caught on this, the odds are tremendous they'll do jail time in the future for being violent with a human. People like that don't stop with small, defenseless animals.

Horrible, I can't dwell on it or I'll get tearful. At least Polly's spirit and sweet temperament wasn't damaged. After she's completely healed, that one missing eye won't even be that noticeable and someone will have a very nice pet. Thank you for giving her the care and affection she needed.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Despite a probable blunt force trauma and abandonment, my foster baby remains a bright and happy pup with her little tail wagging and ready to greet anyone. She does lap guard if you approach from her blind side but is happy to get a pet once she realizes you are a friend. She is very smart. I will look forward to learning tips to make her pretty for her future family. Grace
View attachment 470001 View attachment 470001
What a sweet baby. I wish I could be a potential adopter. Hope she ends up in a loving permanent home.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts