Poodle Forum banner
321 - 340 of 494 Posts

Rooibos is settling in. Lots of potty training needed as the breeder had health issues and didn’t let him learn with mom and litter mates during the 12 weeks.

He was clean on the outside but he also came with filthy ears (and mites) and took the breeder 3 weeks and 3 nags to transfer registration via AKC.

Mites are treated and I’m slowly cleaning those ears. My vet advised deworming so I’m doing that too. He is chipped and running about (mostly in a diaper) annoying his big brother Latte (16 years old).

(He is almost 5 lbs and Latte is 9 lbs. )

Now to get him to use the doggy door and run like Latte consistently does.

He is learning at a good pace. Yesterday, I lead him to the doggy door in the AM. His diaper was dry. He did #1. He came in and I put on the diaper. He annoyed Latte for a few minutes. Latte went outside for his business and usually Rooi waits for him inside but this time he wanted to follow him out. I snatched off the diaper and he went out and stayed out to do #2 even after Latte came back in! Good boy!

Please post your puppy pictures here!! I hope this thread will make anyone feel better a bit better if they’re having a bad day or something?
Picture of Wilson at around 10 weeks and 1 year old!

Attachments

Simon was 8 months old on the 23rd.

Coat change and wet weather won this round with his bracelets. He was getting some serious matting, and after 20 minutes worth of work with a pin brush, slicker brush, and comb getting one leg mostly sorted out, I looked at the other three, equally matted legs, and decided that neither one of us needed to deal with it, so I pulled out the clippers.

2021-10-29 Simon DSC_5484 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Repeat after me: He's a Poodle. It's just hair. It will grow back. :)

ETA: He's decided that he does not want his face clipped, so he's rather lopsided looking.

321 - 340 of 494 Posts