Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we just took some cute pics and just had to share as usual.
they are 4 weeks and 3 days old today

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Ohhhhhhh..... aren't they the most adorable puppies!?!?!?! I love how their hair is so glossy and soft, little puppy noses, little puppy tongues and toes!

OK....here's a silly question. Being in Iceland, how much of a demand is there for poodles? Do they tend to be working dogs or companions? Do you ship your puppies? It just seems like you are literally on the tip of the world.

When I think of Iceland, I think of rocks, green lichen, and of course, ice. LOL. It would be neat to see pictures of what it is really like.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhhhhhh..... aren't they the most adorable puppies!?!?!?! I love how their hair is so glossy and soft, little puppy noses, little puppy tongues and toes!

OK....here's a silly question. Being in Iceland, how much of a demand is there for poodles? Do they tend to be working dogs or companions? Do you ship your puppies? It just seems like you are literally on the tip of the world.

When I think of Iceland, I think of rocks, green lichen, and of course, ice. LOL. It would be neat to see pictures of what it is really like.
We have some demand for the Standard but not a lot for the small guys.

The toy and min poodle where the most popular companion dog in Iceland in the 80's. They became over breeded (not sure if this is the right word) and there temp suffered a lot from that. They where known for there barking and biting.
So today they are not popular, but thank god people seem to feel that the SPoos are different.

Since 1992 we have only had 7 litters of Standards, 94(black),96(black),98(white and black),02(Brown),07(apricot),09(apricot),10(black) and today I would say that we have around 25-30 spoos alive in Iceland including my little guy's
there have been 10 spoos imported since 1992 to Iceland. Today there are only 4 of them alive and I own two of those dogs.

They are more of a companion but I know of people who use them for hunting. Dima the dam of the litter has a brother who is used for hunting.
And we are going to try hunting with Vaka.

Today I have sold 3 from my litter and just started advertising the last this week. So we will see maybe I will have to keep the rest :)

I will ship to the right people, if there is anyone interested in that.
I think I could not be against shipping since we rely on people shipping to us and plus the dogs have to go too quarantine for 4 weeks. So I would be very weird if I did not want to ship my puppies. Though I would not ship them when they are 8 weeks old.

Well Iceland is a great country. It's location is perfect just a short trip to Europe or America :)
We actually don't have that much snow I bet people in Europe and America had more snow this winter than we did.

We had a solid 10 days of snow in the south part of the country though there is always more in the north. During the winter the temp is around 40 Fahrenheit.

We are only 320 thousand who live in Iceland so it is not a big country and we have 3 dog groomers who can cut your poodle in show coat :)
We have 4 dog shows a year and we don't have poodle club in the Icelandic kennel club :S

We have a great health care system, where all are insured so you can get all the treatment you need.

The government is not very happy at the moment due to the recession but that is not affecting me. I did not take any loans or do some stupid things in 2007 so hopefully they will resolve there issues soon with out me having to pay for the mistakes.

But other than that Iceland is a magical place with a great landscape.

And if anyone wants to visit you will have to let me know when you are coming.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ohhhh, I love the little 'sideways' looks they give!!! They look so cheeky when they do that! lol. They're adorable.... :love:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I love the little one asleep. It's so cute when their legs are as long as their head and neck. They are all precious!!!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Awwwww, I want the "black" puppy! (Yes, I know, they're all black, but you know what I mean!)

Such sweet little guys...

This litter is all boys, if I remember correctly, right? How is it having all those boys?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Thanks for all of the info Winnow. I grew up in Oklahoma City. A lot of people thought we lived with the Indians that were relocated there and that we didn't have running water. LOL! Our lifestyle was just the same as anyone else in the country....just not as much scenery. OK....any scenery. LMAO.

Iceland sounds like it is a magical place. Having a country with 320,000 would certainly be different. After moving to DFW, Texas, with 6.6 million people, I feel crowded!

I figured there might be a challenge when breeding to get the pick and variety of breeding stock. Your pups look adorable. I'm sure you will find them good homes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Awwww! I love their sweet little faces! They are adorable. Must be a lot of fun at your house now, with all those puppies running around!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awwwww, I want the "black" puppy! (Yes, I know, they're all black, but you know what I mean!)

Such sweet little guys...

This litter is all boys, if I remember correctly, right? How is it having all those boys?
Yes all BOYS !!

Very funny the dam is apricot so I was expecting some apricot and some black and definitely some girls :)
But out came 4 black boys and then she took some rest for 3 hours and I was like well now the apricot girls are on there way.
Well another black boy and then I said to my hubby well the last one will be a girl. And out comes a black boy.

But I think it is wonderful to have just boys. They are so much fun and for me personally I think boys are more easy going then girls.

so we will see.

But I had 3 people lined up before the litter and all they wanted was black no matter what the sex was.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I was planning to go with some friends from England to Reykjavik a few years ago, but something came up and I couldn't go. So they went without me. :p

One of these days...

I love the green and purple ones the most, although they're all adorable!

I also love that picture of them all on the sofa.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts