Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally decided on a hand full of names that I like for my new puppy.

I have no pictures as of yet. But...my puppy is a cream standard female.

The names I like are -

Bianca - means - white, pure
Lola - means - sorrows, Child of wealth (I just think this one sounds pretty)
Fiona - means - Fair, white, beautiful
Lilly - means - purity, beauty
Leela - means - (hindi) Poetic beauty
Misa - means -(Japanese) - beautiful sand

You guys tell me which one you guys like the best...I am having such a hard time deciding!

OH i did think of a awesome name for a Apricot male

Momo - its Japanese for peach

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
it's tough eh!?! those are all great names!! I've always like Bianca, I just don't know if I love it for a dog...
hmmm I think Misa is cute, and it's original... and Lilly is really cute too, just more common... lol
I don't think I'm helping!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
They're all really pretty! I would stick with a 2 syllable name if you can, it's easier to call out. I suggest you stand yelling them all out and whichever slips off the tonge easily is the one!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I know quite a few Lillys and Lolas so I'm going to with either:

Leela (different spelling but I think this means lilac in French)
Fiona (never heard a Poodle named this)

If you have any aspirations of doing dog sports, it is highly recommended that you have a name that is no more than 2 syllables.

Of course that hasn't stopped me from having a Sabrina or a a Delilah.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I like all of the names you picked. Just keep in mind that Leela is also a variant of Leila (pronounced the same). This is Arabic for night beauty. Just figured I would mention it. I was thinking of using it for my black toy poodle I'm getting. Funny how the same word can literally mean different things in different languages.

I really like the name. Just thought you might want to know how some people may think differently than poetic beauty. Then again, she could have a mysterious side about her and have one meaning by day and another by night! Hmmmm, that sounds familiar! LOL.

Have fun. It will come to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you finally get your puppy it will come to you...I had a name picked out and changed at the very last day because it just didn't suit!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's tough eh!?! those are all great names!! I've always like Bianca, I just don't know if I love it for a dog...
hmmm I think Misa is cute, and it's original... and Lilly is really cute too, just more common... lol
I don't think I'm helping!
I really like Bianca, but when i was trying to get my daughter to say some some of the names she really had a hard time saying Bianca and Fiona. I dont want to be mean and give our new puppy a name she cant pronounce. LOL

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They're all really pretty! I would stick with a 2 syllable name if you can, it's easier to call out. I suggest you stand yelling them all out and whichever slips off the tonge easily is the one!
I actually did that today, thats a good idea:good:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know quite a few Lillys and Lolas so I'm going to with either:

Leela (different spelling but I think this means lilac in French)
Fiona (never heard a Poodle named this)

If you have any aspirations of doing dog sports, it is highly recommended that you have a name that is no more than 2 syllables.

Of course that hasn't stopped me from having a Sabrina or a a Delilah.
Like Cdnjennga said as well. I need to pick one I can shout out really quickly, not only for dog sport but for safety reasons too. If by chance my dog was running towards a car, I dont need to take 2 breaths to get my dogs name out.

Good Advice!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I like Leela and Misa. I love the meaning of Leela. If you watch a well put together poodle trotting around outside, it is like watching poetry in motion. They are so elegant and graceful, spoospirit and I never, ever tire of watching our spoos running and trotting, they are just so smooth and graceful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts