Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Griffin! He is an 9 week old Miniature and the newest member of our family. We are in love. He is such a content, smart, confident and happy little guy.

When we had our Standard we were lucky enough to live within 15 minutes of his breeder, so she did all of his grooming for the first few years. I took over when we moved. So while I have experience grooming a grown dog, I have never groomed a puppy (other than in-between brushing, bathing as needed, etc). I plan to do all of Griffin's grooming and need to start soon! Should I be cleaning the puppy's ears (including plucking) and trimming his nails as I would a grown dog?

Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Congrats on Griffin! He is gorgeous :love:

I'm not really qualified to answer the grooming question, but I would definitely start trimming his nails regularly and cleaning the ears and gently touching the hair inside his ears, so if you need to pluck he'll be used to it.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
He is beautiful! I agree that it’s always best to desensitise them to anything grooming related from a young age.

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Great thread - thanks for the link Lily. Basically start grooming everything asap and often! His face and feet were done a few times by the breeder, so hopefully he has a good start.

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
Thank you! Great thread - thanks for the link Lily. Basically start grooming everything asap and often! His face and feet were done a few times by the breeder, so hopefully he has a good start.

Yuppers, just keep at it a little bit by bit and keep it all happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts