Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in what others have fed their poodles as pups. Cali is currently (and has been since we got her) eating Wellness Puppy food.

She seems to like it and is very healthy but it gives her HORRIBLE gas. It's unbelievable that such an awful smell could come from such a cute, tiny pup. Has anyone else had this problem with Wellness? Has your experience been that each dog is different? I'm hesistant to switch her as she doesn't seem to have any other problems with it and seems to like it and I know it's not great to switch their food.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I had Desmond on Solid Gold lg breed puppy, but he didn't like it at all and it didn't agree with him (gave him terrible gas and mushy, stinky poops). It's a shame, because I know Solid Gold is a good food.

I just switched him onto Blue Buffalo lg breed puppy, and he likes it a lot better and he doesn't have bad gas or runny poops nearly as much anymore. I think we're going to stick with this one unless something happens. :)

Does Cali just have bad gas or does she have nasty poops as well? I'm not quite sure what to do about the gas if everything else is fine. You could try switching if the gas is really often and especially stinky. I've heard from multiple poodle owners that their pup stopped having really bad gas when they switched to Blue Buffalo, and it definitely settled Desmond's gas and poo problems, so...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting....Cali's poops are perfectly fine, it's just the gas problem that I'm worried about. Maybe it would be worth switching her and trying something else to see if it's better for her.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I feed my poodles Eukanuba (medium breed-puppy)-in the AM I mix a tsp. of plain yogurt which the breeder rec. helps with their digestion-in the PM I put in a tsp of Casear's puppy meat (not always). For lunch they just get the kibble-the younger one still gets fed midday-anyway, hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts