Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some puppy food ideas. I feed my almost 4 month old Spoo 4life puppy food and he doesn’t eat well. Suggestions?!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
If you have an open pet food store near by, go and ask for 5-6 samples from good brands. Tell them what ingredients you’re looking for and they’ll give you matching samples.

Then let your dog taste them, one brand at a time, one kibble at a time. Give it as a treat, not a meal. Then you’ll know for sure what your dog likes and you can stick to it.

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
For kibbles I like Farmina N&D. They have both grain and grain free formulas. It's very high quality.
I feed Peggy Farmina N&D Chicken & Pomegranate Ancestral Grains - Medium & Maxi Puppy Dry Dog Food, and I top it with a spoonful of Weruva canned chicken & gravy.

I got sample packs of all the Farmina flavours from our local independent pet food store, and fed them as treats so Peggy could pick her favourite.

Just be sure to transition meals slowly over to the new food. A little runny poop is normal if you go too fast. Some dogs even vomit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
after a bad outcome with TOTW food, I always research online first. I look up lawsuits and usually it'll pull up studies on ingredients that are being studied to be harmful as well. The biggest one I found lately was Peas, pea protein, lentils, legumes and potatoes. I'll post the link. then after I research that I'll head to the pet store. I never trust their staff enough to just go and ask them.

·
Registered
471 Posts
that site doesn't show it but one I ran across said the biggest thing to stay away from was peas and pea protein. I guess in low quantity it's good but when fed daily can cause major cardiovascular issues. if I run across the it again i'll post it, bc that one was much more detailed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts