Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just recently started to look into getting a toy poodle puppy from a breeder I noticed something different with the one pup I have been looking really for a red or apricot coat and the one she had from this litter has a pink nose as the puppy is 15 days old now I believe she said I’m wondering if the nose will turn black? Both the puppies parents are black toy poodles and the other puppies in the litter are 2 chocolate brown and 1 black with this apricot pup she previously had another litter with two apricot puppies both came with black noses I’m confused will it change?

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
3,338 Posts
My understanding - I'm not a breeder so do not have direct experience - is that noses will continue to darken over the first few weeks. I think 15 days is still too early to know for sure. The photos you shared seem to be the newborn photos; do you have more recent pics?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I would expect this puppy's nose to turn brown, rather than black, as it gets older. Black noses are preferred in the show ring, but brown is very common in apricot poodles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts