Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's our new puppy Lorenzo after his first grooming. I had a hard time knowing the puppy fluff was going to be gone, but he looked so sweet when done! Easter ribbon and all, he's a keeper!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
He's a cute little munchkin! He is so sweet all done up with his little ribbon for the holiday. Where are you in Massachusetts. I live just over the border in Vermont.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Cute furkid!! :) Where did you get him? I have a red standard girl. She's 7 months old and around 21 3/4 inches at the shoulder and probably close to 40 lbs... do you have more pictures?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's 16-17" and I'm guessing 22-25 lbs. Don't have a scale, but he was 21 lbs. three weeks ago at the vet, and he's bigger now.

His breeder said he would probably top out at 19" and 40 lbs. Our last spoo was 62 lbs., so this is a change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More on Puppy Lorenzo

Cute furkid!! :) Where did you get him? I have a red standard girl. She's 7 months old and around 21 3/4 inches at the shoulder and probably close to 40 lbs... do you have more pictures?
He's cute all right! Where we got him is a very long, interesting story. In a nutshell: We got him from Irina Markova. She is a Russian trainer who has a poodle circus act (My Talented Dogs). She came from Russia with her dogs years ago, and has been keeping the line going since. Doesn't keep the boys, says they are unruly as pups, and get lazy when neutered!

Someone just did a documentary about her which was at the Sundance Film Festival "The Poodle Trainer". Her dogs are her babies for sure. And I know he will be small, as she breeds with size in mind.

So thus, we named our sweetie "Lorenzo, the Lion Tamer", to keep him in touch with his roots, and he looked like a lion when we got him. His Mom is the prima of her show. He's brilliant for sure, and a love.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Awe, he's a little cutie! He still looks really puppy-ish for 5 months! Maybe it's the fluffy face! I have a red Standard as well, he's 9 months and about 35lbs and 20 inches... our boys will probably be similar in size when they're full grown. I love the smaller standards :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts