Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there are foxtails where you live, please be sure to check your poodles’ (likely fluffier than usual) feet and faces for them after walks.

Last year, Groot had one that made its way up in between his toes and it caused a pretty nasty abscess that had to be surgically drained. I’ve read about them going up a dog’s nose too so just be mindful of them if you see them around!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
They can wreak havoc. They're insidious and will embed into the skin or nose or ear or toes, anywhere. Very nasty things.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
They are barbed, and do a great job of burying into dogs' bodies. I detest them and we have a ton of them here. Someone makes a netting head cover for dogs to avoid them getting into the nose.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Poor groot with his cone on! Our daily walks are in a meadow. I have to check the dogs all over. I’ve had to fish one from and eye once, horrible!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Oh my, I thankfully have not noticed that culprit but I have tons of spur weeds. Over the winter I hand pulled many out of a section of my backyard. Now I have a new sticker weed, looks like lovely grass clumps but the seed is a sticker. Yesterday I pulled an entire section of yard out by hand. However its just too much and I'm down to bare soil. I will have no choice other than to poison the entire back yard, add new soil and sod. I've gotten several quotes to do it, the last being $5300. I guess I will do it myself in sections. Thats ridiculous to pay that kind of money for my dog to pee on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts