Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good sale on down and fleece vest type jackets for our pups. The company is 32 Degrees (they sell human stuff too). Today only, it's really good pricing and free shipping.

https://www.32degrees.com/collections/all/pet

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
$18.75 for a human's vest - what a bargain and free shipping to boot. Another one to add to my cyber shopping today. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Some of their items are sold in Costco. I'm wearing their luxe faux fur jacket right now - bought it for around 13$. For this price it's a wonderful jacket - soft both inside and out. I have no idea how it will wash, but it looks a little more expensive but clearly not a high end jacket. https://www.32degrees.com/products/womens-luxe-faux-fur-jacket

I also wear their scoop base layer under tops when it's cold outside. Nice and thin when I don't want to wear bulky layers. Not the greatest quality, but worth the price. I think I'll buy two more of them from their website today. BTW, their clothes tend to run small so if you buy medium - consider bumping up to large.

Thanks for posting Rose n Poos

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
I have a 32 degree nano light packable down jacket for myself and I love it....it's really light weight but keeps you warm! (mine is the quilted one on Amazon)
You picked a good one for your pups Rose n Poos!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Thanks, Rose n Poos. The boys are now getting nice jackets for Christmas. Since they are trimmed down, they hate the feel of even a single raindrop. You can tell they are Southern California dogs.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I ended up getting the down jacket for Luna in the purpley magenta color. However I bought a large and am thinking now that I maybe should have gotten an XL. I hope it fits her, she is in desperate need of a coat now!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chinchillafuzzy, I can tell you that the mediums I ordered last year for Neo are 14" and an ooch from where collar meets neck to tail end. The tummy Velcro tabs are each 5" and an ooch, so there's a lot of adjustment in that area.

Based on their guide, I'd expect full top coverage for an 18" length Luna, and some rear exposure if she's longer. The sides on Neo are pretty much like the website photo, sides are covered. I leave the neck portion velcro'd to slip on and off, so only the tummy needs to be rehooked. They dry pretty quickly too, and are machine washable.

I'm very happy with ours, so I ordered human stuff for DH and myself this year :)

I hope everyone's choices work out!

Oh and the underside of the jacket gets wet only from the snow lol. Boys are a different world for me. Never had to think about that with girls!

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I bought too, in the violet purple. Bought one for Babykins and one for my daughter’s rough collie. My daughter loves when we visit and the dogs are wearing the same coats. Bonus points for when the dogs and horses are wearing matching blankets. Needless to say we have a lot of dog coats made by horse coat manufacturers. I’m looking forward to this being nice and light but warm like my puffer coats. It will be a nice surprise when we visit next month.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Have to come back and say thanks again for posting this - Luna’s new jacket fits very well! The strap that goes under her chest is a bit too long and has extra that hangs off but besides that it is perfect!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Luna looks adorable in her new jacket - she is such a stunning pup.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I'm very happy with our coat too - fits Babykins well - the one strap is a little long so I'll be taking a tuck in that strap so it hits in the right place.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have the same with the understrap on the boys. One of these days, I'll tack the end, lol.

In the second pic of Luna, she almost looks like she's wearing a royal robe, and the greenery above her head looks like a fairy's crown :)

Thanks for updating!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I got Wilson a medium size because he is so short-backed. The coat just cover his hip bones. Most importantly, the girth strap fits well and is far enough forward to avoid being anointed. Sailor has the large, unless his girly cousin steals it. He is smitten with her and willing gives her the coat off his back! By the way, being a bully breed, and a bit of a fatty... the large is a perfect fit on her. My favorite part is that the coats can be rolled up and stuffed into their matching nylon packs. Thank you again, Rose n Poos, for the great heads up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts