Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is Lucas. I have 2 Poodle crosses and a Corgi. Poodle crosses are a Berner Poo and a Saint Berdoodle

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hi and Welcome to your crew!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

This is Lucas. I have 2 Poodle crosses and a Corgi. Poodle crosses are a Berner Poo and a Saint Berdoodle
I have a St.Berdoodle as well. A lot of haters on this forum. Our Saint Berdoodle has been an amazing dog. Let me tell you I have owned many purebreed dogs, Multiple boxers, a doberman, german shepherd, Standard Poodle, a Shih Tzu bichon mix, our St.berdoodle has been as good as any. She is sweet and loving like a St.bernard, and alert like a standard poodle. She doesn’t drool like a St.Bernard our does shed a little and most that I know of do. Our girl loves to swim and track. She could easily be a service dog or working dog very smart. She is stronger than a poodle and much lighter than and agile than a st.bernard. I know of one that is 11 years old and doing fine, So I’m not sure how long they will live. I have read they are lanky ours is very proportionate. Our girl has massive bones compared to a standard poodle. And stands 27.5” at the withers weighing 88lbs. she is only 10 months old but, I predicted she may grow another inch or two. And probably put another 20 lbs or so on. But for some of these people to say it is irresponsible they are ridiculously, as long as the mother from the beginning line was the St.bernard with good health. And the father Standard poodle was in good health. No worries!! They are great Family dogs too.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
"A lot of haters on this forum"

To clarify, it's not the dogs, it's the people breeding them without thought to genetic health testing for issues in any of the breeds they're crossing and then not following those breedings to see what new genetic issues might arise. It's the people charging as much or more for the unproven cross bred as for the proven purebred. It's the people presenting these dogs as a "breed", when it takes generations of careful matches, until the results can be reliably reproduced, and then proven in their abilities, to create a breed..

The dogs aren't accountable for what people do to them. It's the people breeding who should be accountable to the dogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

"A lot of haters on this forum"

To clarify, it's not the dogs, it's the people breeding them without thought to genetic health testing for issues in any of the breeds they're crossing and then not following those breedings to see what new genetic issues might arise. It's the people charging as much or more for the unproven cross bred as for the proven purebred. It's the people presenting these dogs as a "breed", when it takes generations of careful matches, until the results can be reliably reproduced, and then proven in their abilities, to create a breed..

The dogs aren't accountable for what people do to them. It's the people breeding who should be accountable to the dogs.
Just like the over breeding of pure breeds.. it goes hand in hand..

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Just like the over breeding of pure breeds.. it goes hand in hand..
Instead of hijacking Lucas's thread, consider starting another one where you define (buzz word) "over breeding of pure breds".

Reactions: Dogs4Life

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
WiilB..Welcome to the forum. What a beautiful pup you have. You know there was a person awhile back looking for a service dog to help with some mobility and the discussion here basically said that a standard was not quite strong enough for her needs. I believe the person was looking for an oversized. stop. This mix actually may be good for that, I don't know. Anyway he certainly is cute and big! LOL Would love to hear more and see photos of your crew.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts