Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you give me a short list of very necessary things, things you couldn't live without? I just sold my clippers and am hopefully bidding and winning on a pair of Andis 2 speeds. I've got a lot of various blades but I want the can't live without list of blades. I'm talking about pet grooming at this point in time. I need to get started asap on building my supplies.

·
Registered
741 Posts
good shampoo and coditioner
a slicker brush
a comb
a 10 blade
a 15 blade
a 7f blade
a sturdy table

a couple of good pairs of scissors
comb attatchment...

oh and a bottle of amazing trixs

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I have almost all of that. Off to check PetEdge for the things I don't have. Can you suggest a good dryer?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I second most of the above, and add that I can't live without a 40 blade and a #2 and #0 laube snap on comb. I depends a lot on what your version of short is when it comes to clipping your dog's coat. I could definitly live without a 7 blade, thats very short. I would want a 4 probably, but I I like to keep some fluff so keep that in mind. (I mean finish blades by the way, just to lazy to put the F behind the number)
For combs I like the black teflon coated one, they have them in petedge.

I have just reccently rediscovered that I HAVE to have ice on ice to brush my girls out, but that may change :)

I like my air force commander dryer, it's the two speed modle. I tried the quick draw version they have with a hose attachment and found it just OK, It was harder to force dry a standard with that but with shorter hair I'm sure it would be fine and is cheaper. Double K ... sheesh having a brain fart but I think thats a brand name also makes a decent blue dryer. I don't have one but used one as a kid at my first job as a bather. I also have a CUTE little dog house dryer that is two speed but not as powerful as my metro air force one, it's adorable though and I DO use it for the poodles on occasion, MUCH cheaper than either of the other dryers I've mention but don't ask me where I got it, haven't a clue.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Clippers
Blades:
30 (for use under combs)
7 (about three of these, I use them more than the others)
3 3/4
toe blades(I prefer the 5/8 but alot of people prefer the 7/8 and they are a MUST HAVE but I prefer to use them on poodle feet)

Slicker brush
greyhound comb (I like the long toothed resco)
nail clippers/dremel
quik stop
ear powder
hemostats (for bows and for ear hair)
ear cleaner

A good starter dryer is the B-air power dryer its around 99 dollars and does a pretty good job. I upgraded to the metro Master Blaster and its freaking awesome and worth the money.
I also have an edemco economy stand dryer and an oster stand dryer (If I ever get around to getting it fixed. )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts