Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well iv crate trained Daisy and she is in my kitchen.She will not soil in the kitchen at all and holds it for outsides,i have been walking her about 5 times a day and hope to gradually get this down.If i go out for a few hours i shut the crate and as soon as i come back in i take her for a walk,over night she is in the crate and i take her out as soon as i come down.

The problem is if i let her out in the freedom of the house she will soil so im getting confused as to why she is only clean in the kitchen :(
She is just over 6 months old what am i doing wrong??:dontknow:

·
Registered
646 Posts
get a cheap lead and tie her to you when she is out of crate. If she is right with you she can't pee. Do not let her go for even a second if you are busy crate her.
She has learned it is ok to piddle in the house and you need to have a party with treats each time she piddles outside.
We had a tough time with Casey as well yet Mandy 3 months older trained in a week.
ugg these dogs drive us batty but with consistance and diligance on your part it will work.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if she has soiled on a rug it is very very hard to get the scent out and they will return to the "crime" All our poos were tough to train and yet they are so smart. who can figure? after everyone was trained I got rid of the rug and put in laminate floors. lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
You need to give her the opportunity to be in the rest of the house and take her outside regularly from those parts of the house to toilet. She can not be given the opportunity to toilet in the other parts of the house, either by teethering to you as MandyCasey'sMum suggests or by diligence on your part to watch her at all times when she is in that part of the house and taking her outside for toileting and praise EVERYTIME she needs to toilet.

Sounds like you've been doing really well just need to move the training which has been working for you in the kitchen to the rest of the house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts