Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back to my Alma mater, Hallmark Institute Of Photography, this week with the poodles to see how the students were coming along with their final portfolio. Today I had a sitting with one of the students who wanted to photograph Billy and Taffy. I had a great time being back in the portrait studio doing what I love best. The spoos were exceptionally well behaved and everyone there was very impressed with their easy going nature and co-operation. They could not believe they were still puppies!! I'm so proud of my furbies!

Here are a few of the images I was able to get ready tonight. I will post more later....

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The pictures are beautiful!!! I think the one with you and the apricot is my favorite, or maybe the one with you and the two spoos. :) But then again the last one is gorgeous too!!! Can't wait to see the rest.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
These pictures are exceptional. I love them all, but the one with you and Taffy and Billy is my favorite. You look so happy!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
WOW! These are incredible pictures. That Billy is one handsome boy. I love, love, love your new look. The cut looks great and the natural colour so suits you!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Its very tempting. There is a huge bus here doing professipnal pet sittings. I brought Gino with me. He's cute but I wonder if they could make him look like a show dog.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Great pictures SS! I love the shots with you as well - and too like your new look.:)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I love these pictures! They really show your expressions and the lighting is just right. These professional photos really capture their elegance and the bond you have together in a totally different way.

I want to get some professional shots with Zulee. I think I will go to a photo academy.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love these pictures! They really show your expressions and the lighting is just right. These professional photos really capture their elegance and the bond you have together in a totally different way.

I want to get some professional shots with Zulee. I think I will go to a photo academy.
That's a great way to get them done. When I was at Hallmark, I was always looking for people, children, and pets willing to come in to pose for me. At the faze four (last stage of education), they have their techniques down pretty good so your chances of getting good quality images is very good.

Because I studied there, I was able to wrangle my dogs into proper poses and make suggestions with the lighting. I did miss something as I wasn't the assistant watching the monitor as the pics were loading in. The hair light was too far back on some of the images and made an unattractive light strip across their muzzles in some of the photos. Wish I had caught that for the student.

The best part is I didn't have to pay for any of the images. The photographer just burned the full size images onto DVD's for me to take home and do what I wanted to with them. So I didn't have to give up property rights to them; which he had the right to ask me for. Of course I didn't have to give it either but would have if he asked. He was just so grateful to have a former alumni with very well behaved and good looking dogs come in that he didn't care what I asked for....LOL! He said he could have shot all day because they were so easy!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone! I absolutely LOVE my new look. It feels good to not worry about color appointments anymore and the cost of it! There's a neat sense of freedom in accepting my natural state.

And, I love my furbies with all my heart! They are my family now that my children are all grown and living their own lives. I don't know what I would do without them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts