Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to send private messages in the workings of the new format? All of what used to be private messages now seem to be identified as "Profile Posts." Are these private or can anyone see them?

·
Premium Member
22,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I see that option now I guess profile posts are what were called visitor messages in the old forum format. Still things to get used to...

·
Administrator
702 Posts
Hey! Ya! Now that you mention it, I lost all my friends! Boooo....

'Course, that was back in the days when I had friends. ;)
Look for accounts you "Follow" for this. This is a link to the page: https://www.poodleforum.com/account/following
You can get to it by clicking the square in the top right of the page with your avatar inside. Then click "alerts", look to the left for "following". You can add users to this as you go along by clicking their name in a post to open their ID card then look for the follow link. Alerts will pop up when they post or start threads.
-Philip

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
We are not getting messages when we get a PM also by the way it is very annoying.

It's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right ;) Oh and remember to look for "conversation message" since that's what TPTB have decided PM's are to be called. "Content" more or less = post or thread, depending on whether you're the OP or Replying. HTH
Click Avatar Icon> Click Account Settings> Click Preferences

then figure out what is meant by the many selections and Voilá!

-------------------------------------------------

Annnd why is there an option for "Adult" content on Poodle Forum?!?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I see the leave conversation, it does remove it from your list of conversation and gives you an option to resurrect it if you get a reply later on or to block the reply. What happened to just delete and make it gone forever. It seems to me that it remains clutter somewhere? But I can work with this.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Please give us exact instructions as to how to have a private conversation with someone, that no one else can see.

Also, how do I access previous private messages?

Getting very nervous and anxious about this new program.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I just go to my avatar in the far right top next to the 3 dots and click on conversation. I'll try it now for you and you she be able to go there and see it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi,
Click on your avatar icon. That opens the pop up box list. Click Conversations. That takes you to the next screen where you click Start Conversation. VS assures us that no one can read these private conversations unless a member "Report"s it. "Report" would send a copy to the admin. That was apparently true in the previous software also.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts