Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of Lucy's last groom (her groomer snapped this pic as we were leaving and just emailed it to me today) on May 27th, just before our vacation to Ontario. She's about 9 months old here.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (or the short, fat woman behind the poodle, either!) All eyes should be on the princess! :) I just love my poodle! :hug:

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
GREAT looking girl!! You are very clever to pal around with such a lovely bitch!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GREAT looking girl!! You are very clever to pal around with such a lovely bitch!
Just to clarify, are you talking to me or my puppy?? :lol: :pound:

Thanks so much for your compliments... It does a mama's heart good! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ever pretty! And just for the record, the woman behind the poodle is very pretty too! :D

I don't see any men behind any curtains? :wacko:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see any men behind any curtains? :wacko:
Sorry - reference from the Wizard of Oz... Maybe I'm the only one who thought that was funny (that's not too unusual!) :lol: We used to watch that movie every single year for years and years and years! We used to watch it before our house had a color TV and when we finally got a color set, when the movie went from black and white to full color... GASP!!! (Ok... I'm really old!) :)

Thanks for the compliments, though! :beauty:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Lucy is absolutely gorgeous!!! :D
((As is her "man behind the curtain" ;) )) I so got the reference...but I'm obsessed with anything wizard of oz related >.> lol

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sorry - reference from the Wizard of Oz... Maybe I'm the only one who thought that was funny (that's not too unusual!) :lol: We used to watch that movie every single year for years and years and years! We used to watch it before our house had a color TV and when we finally got a color set, when the movie went from black and white to full color... GASP!!! (Ok... I'm really old!) :)

Thanks for the compliments, though! :beauty:
i got the reference ;)

i have 2 cairn terriers. i'm a huge wizard of oz fan. know the movie backwards and forwards. i can recite most of it along with the movie.
don't own a copy tho.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but I'm obsessed with anything wizard of oz related >.> lol
NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!!! I never would've guessed, you wicked, wicked man! :)

Thanks for the comments on my girl (I know the ones about me were just to be polite :))

Salukie, I hope you like the movie! It's a CLASSIC! It's a little (ok, maybe a little more than a little...) weird and trippy - but my family and I love it! When we were children and watched it, my older sister was always afraid of the "iggly witch", and with good reason (right Keith??) :lol:

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Just to clarify, are you talking to me or my puppy?? :lol: :pound:

Thanks so much for your compliments... It does a mama's heart good! :)

Plumcrazy
, LMAO! So glad to see we share the same wacky sense of humor, in addition to the love of poodles! I too am a "Wizard of Oz" child. It was an event each and every time it aired and like you, we had a black and white TV and it wasn't until our neighbors got a color TV that I got to see what the Emerald City and Horse of a Different Color were all about. I cannot tell you how I yearned for Toto, and the ruby red slippers, in that order. It's still my favorite movie of all time.

Back on topic...I think both you and your poodle truly look splendid. Should you ever doubt your own beauty, look into Princess Lucybug's eyes and see in yourself what she sees in you. When I see my my Chagall, a.k.a, "my little younger French guy," staring at me with adoration, I feel like a million bucks!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
First--Lucy is absolutely beautiful. Just look at her eyes and expression!

Next--I got it, too. In fact, I watched it last night on TCM. Funny how you continue to see things you've never seen before, even though I've watched it for years. I remember that it came on every year on Sunday nights (somehow I missed church in order to watch it). Great childhood memories!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts