Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut Prince into a German on Tuesday and just now got to putting up the pics!

The first one is from memorial day before I cut his hair.
And I just love the second one because hes smiling!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If Prince were mine, I would disguise his ears and accentuate his eyes. He would look adorable trimmed like a bichon. Really round head with deep set black eyes and nose. He is preciousn regardless. By th way, just to show you how my opinion can really suck, I groomed a toy dilute phantom poodle yesterday. His 2 daddies dropped him off and didn't say anything regarding his ears....he was ALL EARS...super long, so long he looked "head heavy". So I pulled them up over his head and gum banded them about 3 inches from the bottom. I snipped the 3 inches off and saved the hair for them. His little ears were rounded and beveled. He looked like a 4 month old puppy. Adorable right????
NOPE, the daddies hated it.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
He's adorable either way, but I'm partial to the longer hair like in your avatar. I agree with P2P--the little guys look so much cuter with longer (blended) ears.

But, like I said, he's a cutie pie either way.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
D'aww! What a cutie! Personally, I like that you're trying out all these awesome trims on him. He wears them well! :) He looks great with those little fluffy arms and flippy ears, yum!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he was getting hot because its been warm and we have bad humidity and no air conditioning!!! So I trimmed him down shorter but wanted a way to cool him down more but stay poodly!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Aww - I like it, and agree the summer is a perfect time to play round with shorter trims. We just did Olie very short including the ears, and let me tell ya it was big change but all in all he loves it and so do we.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts