Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody would mind sharing their prices for grooming standards. Whether you are a groomer or what you pay or expect to pay...

I thought I was pretty average, but I have a client today who was extremely insistent that I was way more expensive than her groomer in Palm Beach. I know I shouldn't be so worried about it, but I was just curious.

I charge $80 to $100 depending on the cut.

I hope this isn't inappropriate....

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I do my own dogs but I think here in Boulder a Standard is $75 and most folks just have their dogs put into a lamb trim.

·
Registered
575 Posts
my base price is $75, but average is about $85. This is for PET TRIMS!!! Not difficult patterns or dematting or having to work with LOTS of coat. Honestly, I probably UNDER charge for most of the standards I do and if you compare it to doing smaller dogs, the time it takes to do a standard, I could do 3 smaller dogs and make more $$, but I DO love doing the S'poos :) Love to make them look great too!

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I'm not a groomer, but I can tell you what I've paid to groom our standards... We've taken Meau to a groomer who was charging $65, but then the owner of the shop explained that Katy's desired clip was too time intensive for $65 and that they'd charge no less than $100 if/when we ever brought her back there. I've had Lucy clipped into a continental and the groomer charged $110 because of the time it took to set the pattern. The prices you charge do not seem out of line to me, but I've been paying around that for our dogs anyway.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
my groomer does pet cuts at about $75. not sure for other styles. i'll be in there in a few weeks. i'm thinking of going for a modified continental when temperance gets through her coat change so i'll be getting pricing on that.

fft for about $18 & that includes nail trim. i do that monthly.

tintlet, where in wnc are you? i'm in asheville.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Price range at the salon I work for is $80-$125 depending on coat condition, temperment, and difficulty of cut.
In Salt Lake, though, you can get your standard poodle groomed for somewhere between $45-$200 full service.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I am getting $55 for an average standard....nothing fancy pattern wise. Matted legs, tails and topknot make the price higher. I do one blue male every 4 weeksnfor $35 but its not a full trim...bath, fluff, FFT. I do my puppies I sell free for their first year as training and to get them thru coat change

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
To do what I do to Thinker and Holly would be $80 each. Holly is in a New York trim (or Miami ir Bikini) and Thinker is in a longish kennel clip with full ears, top knot and tail. Your prices are certainly in line.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm not a groomer but we pay 50-60 to get Elphie groomed and shes only ever been trimmed into a utility clip
but I live a good 30 minutes from our nearest city so prices are probably higher there

((I only paid 40 last friday but what was done with Elphie I would have yelled and threw a fit if I was expected to pay more))

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. :)I usually don't question myself, but this lady got to me for some reason.:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I Live in California. I would expect to pay more here, but I guess not. I only pay 65.00 and that is for a lamb or Miami. Maybe it's more for a more complicated clip....

·
Registered
918 Posts
Cost for a Standard AND a Toy... $115. I get the Standard touched up right before a show which usually includes bath, FFT, and a bit of scissoring... $75. I think the prices are reasonable, especially since she does such an incredible job.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I get off cheap going to my breeder for grooming. If I took my mini elsewhere, they quoted me for $65 for bath, fft, and brushing. Any brushing over the first 15 minutes is $15/ten minutes. For a lamb, I was told $85 and anything that requires a set pattern is $90+. This was at the salon I take my other dog for just baths, but I've found other places who specialize in small dogs, and they don't charge nearly as much. I'm thinking that the salon has had a LOT of matted dogs in, so that's why they charge so much.

·
Registered
198 Posts
To get Poppy into her miami and a re-clip is $55. The other groomer I sometimes use is $50, but the other places I have called for quotes are $75+

I like both groomers and it just depends on my mood which I use. The $55 is at our vet and the $50 has her own shop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I used to get prince takin in all the places around here charged $30-40 for a toy poodle, it didnt matter what cut they were going into.

·
Registered
614 Posts
For my minis, it's $50 for Pippin, $60 for Casey. Casey is over 15" tall so she charges the "small standard" price. She will do free nail clips in-between if I want, but usually I take them to another woman who dremels them both for $5.

A shampoo and blowout and FFBB clipping is about $30 for Pippin and $40 for Casey, if I'm remembering right.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts