Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are currently looking to introduce a Standard Poodle puppy in to our family and I just wanted to do a bit of research regarding the price of a pup. I understand that prices of these puppies have inflated recently due to Covid-19 so I was hoping someone could clarify the cost of an average pup before the pandemic and what would be a reasonable amount to pay now.

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are currently looking to introduce a Standard Poodle puppy in to our family and I just wanted to do a bit of research regarding the price of a pup. I understand that prices of these puppies have inflated recently due to Covid-19 so I was hoping someone could clarify the cost of an average pup before the pandemic and what would be a reasonable amount to pay now.

Thank you all in advance!
I hadn't heard about inflated prices from good reputable breeders. They always have more demand than they can fill even in normal times, so I would be surprised if prices really went up. Unless there's some extra expense.

I think for standards the average price from a good breeder that shows in conformation or other performance sport is around $2k. The range is probably $1500-2500.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for replying to my post.
I know it is an issue in the UK at the moment but I agree that hopefully good quality breeders are not part of this!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Many thanks for replying to my post.
I know it is an issue in the UK at the moment but I agree that hopefully good quality breeders are not part of this!
Sorry, I missed that you're in the UK. So prices may be different there. I do hope that good quality breeders won't inflate prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts