Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am so stinking proud of Ruby. Gosh she is just so perfect. It's hard to believe that before I got her poodles were never my dog of choice. She has been here in less than 1 month...so far she has learned:

1) not to potty in the house, instead she goes to the door and barks..Now I have no doubt that if I ignored that bark and she really had to go that she would go on my floor, so I still kennel her when I go out but at night she sleeps in my bed and she will wake me up if she has to go, she is usually good to go from 9:30pm - 5:30am....

2) she has learned to sit and WILL sit when you tell her too.

3) she has learned that daycare toys are off limits, not that remembers that of course but she knows

4) she knows how to stay, unless there is something in it for her though she won't lol.

She has myself and my daughter figured out and she has for a while...my 6 year old she knows will be the one to drop everything to play with her, she doesn't take my daughter seriously yet though. She listens to me REALLY well, and she knows I do the training, bathing, and general care.

We went away yesterday and decided to take her with me, it was an hr drive both ways and she just sat on my lap and slept the entire way both ways. In stores she was well behaved and a gem to have around. The only part was when we went into a pet store...well like groecry stores keep choclate on the shelves that kids can reach, the pet store keeps toys where the dogs can reach...needless to say she had a great time picking new toys for her and Quincy.

She is turning into a comidean and has a great sense of humor, I swear I can hear her giggling as she runs off with my slippers etc etc...She is friendly and loves everyone she has no stranger anxiety whatsoever (Quincy is very guarded with unknown people, but fine the next time you come around). When the daycare kids are playing with her, she is so gentle and is so tolerant. I am so in love with her and even though she has been here only a few weeks, it feels like she has always been here.....I can't believe that a poodle fit into my life and has such a big spot in my heart lol.

After the va***n almost sucking her up last week I expected her to be scared of the va***, but she isn't, she watches me from a distance but doesn't freak out if it gets close to her. She is so forgiving lol and good natured.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
She sounds wonderful. I never considered a poodle until my sister asked me to join her in her search for poodle puppies. I and my family are complete converts to the best natured dog in the world. I'm so happy for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts