Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dads 15 year old cat (formerly my cat) is the meanest cat I have ever met. She hates almost everyone, would rather attack then be petted one time too many even by her people (and there are no warning signs for "too many"), and has all the dogs cowering before her. Visitors quickly learn to ignore her... or else.

I adore her, scars from scratches on my hands and all.

I have been working from dads house the last two days (Annie is being spayed today so I need to be in this town) and today she is hanging out with me, studiously ignoring me from 1 ft away, and investigating all my cables. I was also allowed to pet her
twice so far today.

·
Registered
471 Posts
she's pretty, I hope Annie's spay goes good! cats make me too nervous though, I don't mind an occasional visit, but that's all I can do. I baby sat a girl when I was younger and the cat was laying in the girls underwear drawer. after a bath the girl went in to grab undies I was right behind her. she grabbed a pair opposite side of the cat and this time the cat lost it, I had to rip the cat off her and call an ambulance. she was sooo scratched up all over her body, I felt horrid. I still have no clue what happened! the cat always laid in her drawer and never minded us grabbing out of it before.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she's pretty, I hope Annie's spay goes good! cats make me too nervous though, I don't mind an occasional visit, but that's all I can do. I baby sat a girl when I was younger and the cat was laying in the girls underwear drawer. after a bath the girl went in to grab undies I was right behind her. she grabbed a pair opposite side of the cat and this time the cat lost it, I had to rip the cat off her and call an ambulance. she was sooo scratched up all over her body, I felt horrid. I still have no clue what happened! the cat always laid in her drawer and never minded us grabbing out of it before.
Yikes, how scary! Mine will bite and dig claws in and not let go if offended, and the grip is fierce, and yes, there can be puncture wounds. I like cats, but my experience with this one means I love them on their terms only.

We warn visitors to NOT go within 6 ft of the cat (occasionally idiots still try because "cats like me", and get clawed for their troubles). She has been social distancing since long before it was cool.

·
Registered
471 Posts
social distancing before it was cool made me giggle. it was terrifying! After the fact the parents apologized saying they should've told me she was old and getting grumpy. so I don't completely blame the kitty but I still won't own one and i'll wait for them to approach me before I touch someone elses.lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts