Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will have Ivan soon and he will be 8 weeks. Me and my bf work on a couple of days where we are gone with no one home for 8 hour with me coming home during my lunch but not be there for very long. Crate training would be ideal but I don't like the idea leaving him in the crate for that long. But if we leave him gated in the kitchen with potty pads, it would be harder to fully house train him. So what is the best solution? :wacko:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I will actually be in the same situation as you with my puppy, but for all work days. I plan on crate training the whole time. I will just exercise puppy in the morning to wear it out, come home at lunch for potty break and attention, then have all evening to spend time with and train/exercise. I will feel bad, but i also feel that this will be the best situation for all involved. Two 4 hour crate stints are not that bad really. Just be sure to spend time with puppy before, during and after your long day.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
crate crate crate.

Tire him out good in the morning- before you leave- and spend the whole lunch time with him out then bck in the crate after.

Other option is if you have a safe room you can set up- but then i'd set it up wtih paper personally (like at the breeders). but four hours is not a long time- and at that age they are mostly sleeping anyway if they get a good play time before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts