Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is an 9 month old toy poodle too young to go overnight (8 hours) with no potty break? Our little guy is being kennel trained and he has gone without soiling his kennel several nights, but last night he did (#1 and #2.) We think he might be just too little to hold it for so long, so we are happy to take him out when he wakes us up (religiously at 1:30 am). But we just don't want him to get in the habit of that -- we certainly can't wake up at 1:30 am to take him out forever!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If he will sleep through the night with out whining or any sign he needs to go potty then let him. I have had dogs that vary when they could hold it through the night. Some not until 8 months and other's as soon as 3 months. My boy Sting (5 month old Standrd) just started holding it through the night. We usually did the 2 am potty break but now he seems to be fine.

It sounds like you've got it down well and I think the #1 and #2 accident was a fluke. That occassionally happens even to older dogs that have been potty trained for years. Just one of those things....that we all dread. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts