Poodle Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
thanks bigpoodleperson! He's really food motivated so training should be a breeze. He has the basic sit, down and shake paw, but isn't consistent. He needs work on the sit and down stay though. I also need to work on recall with him as I would like to trust him offleash at the dog beach and such.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm so excited for you. It sounds like "Mitchell" will be a great addition to the family and one that Matrix will enjoy playing with too. OK....I'm a little ahead of things, but I just have this feeling it is going to work out for you.

· Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Pics will be posted as soon as Michael arrives. He's coming home a few days earlier than expected (HURRAY!!) because I have a frisbee tournament on the weekend and want to spend some alone time with him before either leaving him at home, or taking him with me to the games.

It looks as though we will be leaving his name as Michael. My dad is willing to change his name instead!

Michael's current caretaker came over with one of his spoo's Ted today and Matrix didn't have a problem with another male dog in his house. I was SO proud! Looks like Michael will be a welcome addition to Matrix's pack.

· Registered
2,645 Posts
Oh that's fabulous news! On the Leerburg site they have a lesson in how to introduce dogs. I highly recommend this trainer and the articles he has posted on his site. Check it out and see what you think.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.