Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you noticed that your poodle is extra well-behaved after being groomed? It lasts about 48 hours for Peggy, and I don't really understand it.

It's not the actual grooming, I don't think. I've groomed her myself and it didn't affect her behaviour.

But something about leaving her with someone else for a couple of hours....

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Well, my guys always used to come home exhausted. The combination of the excitement, the post groom zoomies, and missing their daily nap would catch up with them. Then they'd crash hard. A tired dog is a good dog.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my guys always used to come home exhausted. The combination of the excitement, the post groom zoomies, and missing their daily nap would catch up with them. Then they'd crash hard. A tired dog is a good dog.
The exhaustion is definitely a nice bonus!

In Peggy's case, being overtired usually makes her even less polite in public. But today she wandered the farmer's market like she's been doing it her whole life—greeting everyone (dogs and people) calmly!

We'll try to enjoy it while it lasts. :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
That is so cute. I think they sometimes get little mats that we're not aware of, and it must feel great when they're gone.
Sisko is prone to getting mats because of him chewing on himself sometimes. He chews on the most specific places. The vet still didn't contact me back for the dosage for allergy medicine. I didn't want to press them about it, but I probably should have pressed them about it. He goes in to get his neck checked out on the 8th, so I will ask again then.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Mine buck this trend. They don't exactly behave better after I finish, but they sure seem to feel better. They bounce around as if showing off. (There's nothing to show off lol. My skills are still pretty rough. Thankfully they don't care.)

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sisko is prone to getting mats because of him chewing on himself sometimes. He chews on the most specific places. The vet still didn't contact me back for the dosage for allergy medicine. I didn't want to press them about it, but I probably should have pressed them about it. He goes in to get his neck checked out on the 8th, so I will ask again then.
Aw. That's no fun. :( Hope he's feeling better now that allergy season seems to be mellowing out a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts