Poodle Forum banner

Post Dates not shown

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Dechi 
#1 ·
All of the postings in PF have their posting dates listed in terms of minutes/hrs/days/months ago, until the post is older than a year, at which time, the actual posting date is shown. This format seems appropriate for minutes/hrs/and maybe days ago, but months ago, IMO, serves no purpose. I would much rather see the actual date of postings that are older than a month. I wonder how everyone else feels about this? Often when looking back at my posts, I'm curious about the actual posting date, but all I can get is "9 months ago". Granted posts older than 12 months show actual dates, which is good, but I'd like to petition for a change in format to show dates after posts are greater than a month old. Maybe we can take a survey. Maybe it's already available and I just don't know it. Thank you.

#3 ·
Good to know! I've also been bothered by not being able to know the exact time. Would be nice if this was a setting I could toggle, but it's helpful to know there's a way that find out. Sometimes the forum will say something was posted "moments ago" that I know was actually posts hours ago...

#4 ·
I’m on an iPad. I happen to like the current system. I prefer to see the time.

As For Want of a Poodle said, I can click on that time and a box pops up with the date. It’s a little clunky but you do get the date as well as time.

Reactions: 94Magna_Tom
#7 ·
I think itvis more to clear up band width, or another whoops in an up date

#8 ·
Hello Lovely members,

This is something that we are looking into changing, I know we have gotten a lot of feedback on an actual date showing. Which to be honest I actually prefer, this change is hopefully coming soon :)

Happy New Year

~Glenda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.