Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know what happened this afternoon? It got to supper time, and we all sat in front of Mum to remind her, and she said that it wasn't 4pm but only 3pm because everything changed in the night! WHAT!!! How are they allowed to do that?! Suddenly make everything happen a whole hour late? Mum did understand that dogs' tummies just don't work that way, and only made us wait a little while. She said if we wait a bit longer every day we will catch up with the clock eventually. She says it happens every year - and that at the beginning of the year the clocks change the other way and supper is earlier but we don't seem to make as much fuss about that for some reason. Well, of course not. We are not that silly. Meals that come early are a Good Thing, but meals that come late are not!

·
Registered
420 Posts
So unfair! Have you ever tried foraging outside? It's the best! Our mom is a spoilsport and rakes up yummy deer poo and fruit from the trees so we can't eat it (so mean!) but we still love to pull grass out by the roots sometimes where the ground is not as frozen, and munch on that or sometime snow is yummy, or sometimes we dig and dig in the snow because MAYBE there will be something good in there. Once I found some birdseed that fell out of our bird feeder! Your friend, Blue the standard poodle

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We dig, too, Blue - bugs and grubs and roots and things, and sheep poo is nice when we can find it. There have not been many rabbit berries this year, though. But Breakfast and Supper are one of the best bits of the day, and they are meant to happen at the right time so we know they are coming and get excited. Clocks should not be allowed to just change in the middle of the night!

Poppy xx

·
Registered
450 Posts
We dig, too, Blue - bugs and grubs and roots and things, and sheep poo is nice when we can find it. There have not been many rabbit berries this year, though. But Breakfast and Supper are one of the best bits of the day, and they are meant to happen at the right time so we know they are coming and get excited. Clocks should not be allowed to just change in the middle of the night!

Poppy xx
Charlie the Poodle loves fresh horse buns! Especially the warm steamy kind. Then wants to lick people on the face!!!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Poppy, if you want to see some very upset animals you should visit a stable when the feeding time has been delayed. Horses will whinny, nicker, kick the stall walls, and in general raise a huge ruckus. Of course, if you throw in a burro, then the braying is deafening, ha-ha!

·
Premium Member
9,694 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I always try to lobby for an early meal. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I can be pretty pushy, er, persuasive. I hope your female phases in the time change, in 5 minute increments. Good luck!

Your pal,

Buck

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Poppy,

I agree, that is very unfair. How can clocks just change like that? I don't understand humans at all. We know what time supper is. It should be at the same time every day. I say we dogs need to tell our people that supper time is supper time no matter what clocks say.

Love,
Noelle

·
Registered
450 Posts
Poppy,

I agree, that is very unfair. How can clocks just change like that? I don't understand humans at all. We know what time supper is. It should be at the same time every day. I say we dogs need to tell our people that supper time is supper time no matter what clocks say.

Love,
Noelle
You dogs are so funny!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's just what we think, too, Noelle, but Mum says we have already pushed suppertime back from 6pm to 4pm and if it gets much earlier it will eventually join up with breakfast! Yesterday she took us for a walk just as we began to think about getting hungry, and that was lovely. Walks and meals and cuddles and snoozes are my favourite things. And games. And treats. And snuggling under the duvet when we go to bed. Not sure which is the favouritist...

Poppy xx

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Oh no, definitely not fair. When my human read this to me I told her that is why I ate that dead bird in the woods yesterday!

She was very upset when I did it and pulled some of the bones out of my mouth and threw them in the garbage! But when it is time to eat, it is time to eat!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts