Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been searching for some time now and I think I found a breeder. I am hoping to make arrangements to go and see the sire and mother on Saturday. She is due at the end of the month and my fingers are crossed that there is a pup left for me. She just had a litter born to another mother at the end of April but she only had 6 pups. The breeder may keep up to four for herself as possible show dogs and she has a total of 10 deposits. She said she averages 10 - 12 pups in a litter so I am hopeful that there will be one for me. If this works out it will be a dream come true. I've always wanted a black male Spoo!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Wow, I hope you get your black standard but if she has 10 deposits!! I hope you are looking at more than one breeder if you want this to happen soon I will cross my fingers, I know you must be excited!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Kennel name is Crystalton Standard Poodles. It's hard to find a good breeder around here and the two possible others have had issues with litters this year. I would be intrested in purchasing from a different breeder farther away but I am worried about not getting the chance to meet the parents and breeder in person. I would love some advice on that as well as any suggestions on excellent breeders that will ship a puppy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Kennel name is Crystalton Standard Poodles. It's hard to find a good breeder around here and the two possible others have had issues with litters this year. I would be intrested in purchasing from a different breeder farther away but I am worried about not getting the chance to meet the parents and breeder in person. I would love some advice on that as well as any suggestions on excellent breeders that will ship a puppy.

Funny thing, I was just searching for threads on Crystalton because I was going to visit her. I think she is not to far from my house (maybe 20mins).

What other kennels have you looked into?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
McSandd I have spoken with Delphi Holdings. They have pups now but no breedings coming up, Larkspur Poodles has no puppies planned, Seransil Standard Poodles is not planning a litter until the fall, Coronado Standard Poodle Possibly may breed in June/July, Kandansk Standard has a full waiting list for their Spring breeding, Poodle Quest doesn't breed for blacks. The Lady at Crystalton told me that a breeder in Lethbridge had problems with her last litter and only has one living pup and a breeder in Edmonton just found out her girl didn't take.

I really feel it's vital that I get a pup late summer. I'll be going back to work full time in the fall and although there will still be someone home 24/7 I want to be the one the pup bonds with and I want to be the one doing all the early training.

If anyone knows of a good breeder that is willing to ship I would love to contact them and speak with them. My fingers are still crossed that I get a pup from the breeder I like however I am not keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Try going to The Poodle Club of Canada website...members list. There are a number of breeders in Alberta and BC with websites. Reigate has an awesome website and she produces dogs that are proven both in the show ring and in performance.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I want to be the one the pup bonds with
Yeah... good luck with that!!! :lol: :pound: I wanted to be the one Lucy bonded with too - but she picked who SHE wanted to pick (hubby!) I'm the one who feeds her, lets her outside 95% of the time, I spend more time with her - both hubby and I work on her training and attended obedience class with her - but she loves him best... I didn't stand a chance!! :lol:

My fingers are still crossed that I get a pup from the breeder I like however I am not keeping my fingers crossed.
So let me get this straight... Your fingers are crossed, but you're not keeping your fingers crossed...

Sorry - couldn't resist! I want you to know that I am pulling for you - I hope you get what you want, when you want - but also know that "best laid plans" sometimes aren't what happens! If your plans get altered, you can make it work as long as you really want it to! Good luck - Best wishes - Keep us updated!! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry it's taken me so long to update this thread but I was away for 2 weeks.

I have found a breeder and put down my deposit! The breeder is Niki Smith on Insync Kennels here in Alberta. She has been great to work with so far and answers all of my questions. She is a small breeder that only has 1 litter a year and the pups are home raised with her 3 kids. I don't know which pup I will get yet as they have not been temperment tested. She is having another breeder doing that in about 2 weeks. I may end up with blue rather then black as dad is blue and Momma is black but I am ok with that. I have decided that the temperment of the pup is more important then colour. Both parents have had all of the genetic testing done and the pups come with a 2 yr health guarantee. I have come up with a name and think it may stick. We've decided to call him Rhett. Here are some pics of dad, momma and pups.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
They are very nice looking dogs. I love puppies. :) Lucky you!!!

I have had the fever lately. Thankfully my friend just got a pup so I will go visit and cure my fever. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts