Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The breeder I got Vega from has this beautiful girl available and i'm considering her. I'd have to meet her and see if she would fit in with me. These pictures were taken when she was 5 months I believe, she's about a year old now. She was going to go into her breeding program but I guess a piece of her pedigree is missing so it didn't work out.

http://www.poodlepedigree.com/pedigree.asp?ID=363319

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
OH my gosh do you know what I would do for a parti poodle right now.
I am getting one by the end of this year come hell or hi water.

I love silvers I do but I keep going back to parti.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've met several parti poodles that come into the grooming shop but I just adore her markings. I don't think I've met another parti that looks quite like her! I also love how the face is all brown and the rear is almost all white. She's just adorable.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
She has the same sire as my girl Tuesday. The lady I got Tues from had a full sister to her.

Boomer seams to get around :mmph:

Anyway she is adorable and her markings are very striking. Does your breeder have a website?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jenlanepoodles.com is her website

That's interesting about the same sire, if you notice on that site there is some unknown info and i think that's why she's not going to use her in her breeding program.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah I got an email from Sue the woman who has the Pilgrim and the AKC ruled it was a blood mutation and not a deliberate act.

A lot of people have been upset buy this as he sired a lot of puppies and it throws a huge kink in things. Its even making me reconsider show and breeding Tuesday.

Anyway...she is a cutey.

Edit: I've been to her website before and her Phantom Minis are adorable. I don;t like how they are not papered but still cute.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
She is very cute I like her markings as well.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to meet her maybe on Weds. if she seems to like and accept me and feel comfortable around me I'll bring her home, most importantly the breeder has to see that she believes her baby feels comfortable being around me. She likes to make sure the dog and new owner click just to help minimize how many homes they end up in. She wants whatever home takes her to be the dogs forever home, so I can certainly understand that.

I feel pretty confident though. Animals generally seem to like me. I was just visiting my friends parents, they just adopted an older (10 yr) old pappy and want to have her groomed. She's been abused, neglected, ignored and very skittish. I was there about 20 minutes before she came up to me on her own and took a treat out of my hand, according to the owners that was huge.

So, i'm hoping Zoey likes me. I just don't like the name Zoey, well I like it but I grew up with a dog named Zoey and it's weird for me to call another dog I own Zoey, if that makes sense.

Maybe I could change it to something similar like Chloe, I guess it depends how well she'd adjust to a name change.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
- - Update - -

Well, I emailed her about Weds. visiting and she said something has come up and this week isn't good and she knows she has jury duty sometime next week so we will have to postpone the visit.

She did send me the contract for Zoey and i've agreed to it. I have to have her spayed within 3 months which is fine i've already made the appointment. I figure if for some reason it doesn't work out meeting I can cancel it but better safe than sorry making sure I have an appointment in time. I also wanted the breeder rest assured that I would have her spayed and have no intentions on breeding. I'll get her paperwork as soon as she confirms Zoey is spayed.

So it looks like i'll be bringing a new girl home within a week or two!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts