Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my bitch was mated today and once they finished there was heaps of blood on the ground which is very odd. The poor darling looked like **** :(

Bought her inside and put her in the puppy pen while ringing the vet and then she vomited blood. I said you are seeing me straight away, she is really unwell and noticed she was bleeding heavier from the vulva which made me panic.

At the vets she vomited blood again :( With everything I told him and ruling out ratsak poison, telling him over the last few days she has been weeing alot which isnt like her. He thinks it may be early onset to pyo. He took blood and her white cell count is up, thankfully not down. So please pray my girl will be ok, she is staying overnight at the vets on a drip as she is also dehydrated.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I wish all the best for her. That would be very unusual for Pyo, that normally occurs after the cervix has closed, weeks after estrus.
Has your vet considered a bleeding disorder? Many tick diseases can be a pre-cursor to them.
Carole

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My vet doesnt know atm, he has to see how she is in the morning. It night here now. No it wouldnt be ticks, we dont get them in our state.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Could she have Thrombocytopenia? This disorder destroys the platelets in the blood and it causes dogs to spontaneously bleed. Symtoms include vomiting blooding, passing blood (stool looks dark black and has a very distinct smell), bleeding from eyes, nose and mouth, bruising under the skin (hard to see on a black dog).

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Cbrand. She has normal poo, and none of the other symtoms.
Was speaking to a friend on facebook and he is worried its snakebite with what I wrote. I said I dont know how a snake would get into my yard, Im surburbia and wrong time of the year.

Then he got me thinking about the rat sak (rat poison) again. So now im worried as no vets are at the clinic overnight, and if it is one of these 2 things she would be in a lot of pain and probably dead by morning. Wont know for another 7 1/2 hours till they open up. Tried ringing the emergency vet so I could take her home to no avail :(

·
Registered
486 Posts
That would make sense. Many rat poisons are warfarin, a blood thinner. It causes the rats to bleed internally, and die. I don't mean to scare you.
Carole

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Sounds like Pyo to me too.

Does she have a bit of an odor to her?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Our Amstaff had Pyo and really started bleeding very heavily during her heat cycle. No throwing up blood though. Luckily, its usually not deadly unless left untreated and spaying them is a must afterwards.

I hope she's ok and you can determine what's going on soon.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Oh my Gosh ! That is horrible
What is the latest news? I had a bitch that came down with Tick fever and we do not have ticks either. It was from a fly bite my vet thinks..So checking this is a good thing.
I had a pyometra with my older poodle and she just had greyish discharge after being in season no bleeding ? So this is VERY educational for me..

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
sivaro i hope she is ok ! keep us posted

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
That's very scary :( I hope your girl is going to be okay. Was she bleeding like that before you mated her? Has she been bred before?

I'll send good vibes your way.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Oh my! I hope that it is not something bad. My prayers are with you and your girl. I feel really bad for you, I know what agony of fear you must be going through. My best thoughts are with you!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Oh Sivaro I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. I hope and pray that all turns out well for you and your girl. My Hubby just walked thru and read your post and his first response was that it sounded like rat/mouse poison to him too, lets hope not. Please keep us updated. Sending well wishes your way.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Sivaro, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. You and your little one are in my prayers. I'm sure it is going to be a long 7 1/2 hours for you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
This must be a horrible ordeal...

Please keep us posted on how she is doing and the cause!

I hope everything turns out well for her!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for all you wishes. She come home yesterday feeling much better and looking much better. She was wagging her tail which was good to see, back to humping the girls in the house :doh: and being bitchy as she usually is. She ate a little which was good but havnt seen her drink.

This morning she appears to have lost more weight :( but seems pretty happy still. The vet thinks she had an infection, red and blood cell count was done on the day she was sick. No she wasnt bleeding before mating, and it wasnt a small amount of blood that she released either. No blood now though and she didnt vomit or bleed at the vets while overnight. So I just have to keep my eye on her for now.

Im just happy she doesnt look really off like she did the other day.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sounds like pretty good news to me. Wishing her to keep improving. Since she was bred, will any of this effect her pregnancy? I hope not. Worried about you and your girl all day today and was hoping to hear from you, was really afraid to ask, but like they say, sometimes, no news is good news. Thank you for keeping us updated.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks FUZBUTZ

If she is in pup (which I hope not now) according to the vet cause she was only just mated they should be fine, but its the unknown that is hard to answer this question.

Sorry I didnt get back sooner, just wanted to keep my eye on her.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I just read the post. How terribly frightened you must be. Sounds like the worst is behind you. Sending more hugs!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts