Poodle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
I don't think it will matter much longer. One of these days living animals will no longer be trained to fill in for our disabilities. We'll simply be programming a robot for that particular task.
Toy, Mini, or Standard... Natural Tail, Cropped Tail, or no tail at all.
Or maybe just a little Dobby to follow you around... :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I’m glad they’re starting to crack down on the types of animals that can be classed as emotional support animals for planes. I’ve been on a plane ride to New York and there was a mini pig. Thankfully it was just a connecting flight and was only less than 2 hours. There’s been times when I’ve been in the airport past security and I’ve seen dogs that are barking or growling at people walking past and a turtle.

I’ve been in grocery stores and once I walked past a lady on a scooter with her pit cross (with an ESA vest) that growled and lunged at me. I was just walking past her on the other side of the isle and it scared the living daylights out of me. There’s been other times when I’ve been out and come across animals that are portrayed as ESA’s that are horribly behaved.

These people are taking advantage and ruining it for people with legitimate, trained service/support animals.
You are so right. I was standing in the check out line in a store and the person next to me was holding an evil tempered little dog who lunged and snapped at me. I silently stepped back as far as I could, but it was very close quarters and I was boxed in. She Self righteously told me the little alligator wanna be was an "emotional support dog " . It lunged several times again, snarling and snapping. The woman then did the baby talk crap ostensibly to the dog but aimed at me, something like "oooh, the widdle girlie doesn't like the bad lady and is showing her few remaining toofies " . I responded, "if that thing bites me, I guarantee I will punch out her remaining teeth, so get it away from me" . She scuttled away and the girl at the checkout who had also been snarled at grinned at me.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok I'm dying 🤣. I would have paid to be standing in line there (behind you to protect me of course).

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I agree, it’s time someone put the brakes on this.

The emotional support hamster that got flushed when it couldn’t fly wa s just an awful story.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts