Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a young girl who is having to place her show potential female Spoo that is one yr. She sounds great (the dog) and from what the girl says, she took 1st place against 25 puppies in a AKC San Fransisco puppy match a few months ago.

She is only asking 400.00 with full registration and she is a white white Spoo. Im just concerned about heat cycles. Is it going to be completely un-manageable having Eli and her under the same roof? I don't want to breed them at all! I originally was going towards a male but I really would like a little girl too.

I haven't seen her in person yet but if time allows I may take a drive later this evening. Any suggestions about what Im getting myself into?

This pic she sent was from when she was 5 months old. Her name is Lyric....so cute!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I say go for it!

Dealing with a bitch in season is not that difficult ;) Since you are not planing on showing Eli why not have him neutered and eliminate that problem?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
It depends on how your house is laid out and how much room you have as to wether or not having her go into heat will be a problem. In out house we seperate moody PMS'ing female from the boys or boy depending on who is staying with us at the time unless we are planning a breeding. The other obvious options is to have one of the other altered. I beleive you said Eli was not going to be shown, so if he doesn't need those parts..... You get the idea but don't tell him I suggested it. :p

I say go for it too... or I maybe share that persons contact info and I will!! Mwahahahaha. I am sooooo jealous!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Oh she's cute but what if your family is surprising you for Christmas. Can she wait unitl after Christmas?

·
Registered
912 Posts
She looks lovely in her puppy shot. I'm jealous too, would love a white just so I can colour her :biggrin: - as usual too many dogs, not enough time for me to have everything I want!

My first thought was to neuter Eli too then your guaranteed no accidents.

Edit - so did you get to go and see her? I don't know what the time is over there so not sure if you have had enough time yet :smile:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She looks lovely in her puppy shot. I'm jealous too, would love a white just so I can colour her :biggrin: - as usual too many dogs, not enough time for me to have everything I want!

My first thought was to neuter Eli too then your guaranteed no accidents.

Edit - so did you get to go and see her? I don't know what the time is over there so not sure if you have had enough time yet :smile:

I didn't get to see her today. Its 10pm here and we just got home 30 min ago. She lives 1 1/2 hrs away. I need to neuter Eli so that would need to be done if I did get her. My husband is being negative about it so Im not sure anymore. I will just wait and see I guess. Blah blah!

·
Registered
912 Posts
It is certainly easier of the hubby is onboard with any new additions. Mine OH wasn't overly keen on a poodle but I went ahead anyway and now he just loves T, was almost in tears the other night with the cut paw, ranting and raving about should have put concrete down, should have taken him with us etc.... and offering to take him to the vet. He really enjoyed the one on one time with T and T seems to look at him with a little more respect after their big day out :lol:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I don't know.....maybe you are getting a Christmas surprise!!
I don't think so now. He is angry that I want another dog right now. A few weeks ago we said we would wait about 6 months when we get a house. He says that he likes Poodles too now but he's been very grouchy lately. He want's to get a Harley (badly) and I think he doesn't want to spend anymore on me until he gets what he wants this time.

He's just being a grump. The only reason I went ahead and got more info about this female was because he made a comment 2 nights ago saying "if anything you should save a dog from a cold cement shelter for Christmas". To me, that open the door for another dog before we buy the house. Shelter or not!

Im editing this now;
We just talked again and he wants me to wait until tomorrow so he can determine the money situation and most likey get her. I'll keep ya'll posted. lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I spoke with the breeders today that this dog originally came from and her program is a little different.

This lady only testes for hips and eyes which is still good but why not do the rest of the recommending testing.
She also breeds goldendoodle's to labradoodle's which she is calling these dogs "super doodle's"
The bitch this female was bred from is 11 yrs old and having another little in one week.
This breeder is vacationing in Mexico knowing her "supposed" adored 11 yr old Poodle is going to deliver anytime.
Oh and the young girl that is selling this dog says she bought this dog for 3,000 and the breeder sells all her Poodle Pups for 1,000.

Needless to say Im going to pass on this dog now. I know she will find a wonderful home but I don't want to pay a person $400.00 when they are being dishonest. Not to mention my husband was pretty sure he could work out getting her in a few days and was fine with it. Im glad I did a little research to say the least.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow 11 years old...I just can't see how that could be good on any breed of dog..much less a standard poodle.

Good call on doing your research, she is cute but if she isn't what you want then no use in just regretting it later...like you said I am sure she will find a good home!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Jenn, ru sure this spoo is not actually a doodle? Looks like it could be in the pix of it where it is older. Doesn't even look like the same dog as the one in the puppy pix, and I don't mean because it just needs a good grooming. Figured out what girl you were talking to with the dog from your post stating where she was from, her color, but mostly by the dogs name being "Lyric". Have you read this girls other ads? She stated that she bought this dog to show, but is now having family troubles, so why in the world is she looking for a poodle or golden retriever to breed to at this time? Why bring more pups into a bad situation? She also states in one of her ads that she only does tails or dew claws if requested by a buyer, and puppy paid for in full b-4 hand. How thoughtful of this girl. At least the dew claws s/b done w/i 2-3 day of birth. I AM SO AFRAID THAT THIS MIGHT BE A WANNA-BE PUPPY MILL. My opinion only, not to say that you could end up with a fantastic dog, but just BE CAREFUL. I'm not sure you would be getting what the girl says she is selling you. Also find it odd that in one of her ads that she said she paid $3075 for this dog and now is selling it so cheap? If you haven't seen these ads, Dennis is going to try to post them for you. Anyway good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Lyric of mystic river is her registerd name.
We bought her to show, but have recently ran into family troubles.
We paid 3,075 for her she has champion and theapery bloodlines.
She has a perfect bite, She stands perfectly angled.
She does not run to other dogs or cats.
She is very calm and loves to sleep in beds but she understands no, sit, lay down and out outside.
She is fully house trained. She has a perfect stance, and a perfect trot. I do really want her to go to a nice family with other dogs and a family that will show her but if not its ok.
She has unlimited regristration, Which means she can have puppies, But I will be checking up on her and I reserve the right to take her back if she is being kept in deplorable conditions. We will sign a contract!!! I want to be in formed of any puppies she has, so I could inform the breeder.She is a house dog and I do nat want her to be kept in the cold of the bay area.
Thank you
if interested call ask for natalie,
p.s. I can not send pictures but you are free to come and se her anytime, thanks

I have a beautiful white stadard poodle.
She is OFA certified & AKC registerd.
Her parents are show and certified theapery dogs. She has extremly good lines.
Ill offer pick of the litter.
She will be two and this will be her first litter.
I wan small males perfferd.
Male must be akc registerd, clean and have good ears, legs, and hips.
I want show quality if possible a perrffically aigned body.
let me know asap thanks
I WILL BRING HER TO YOUR HOUSE IF THATS WHAT NEEDED THANKS

My female is AKC registerd her parents are national champs and theapery dog She is OFA certified and is calm and extremly smart.
I would pay you pick of the litter.
Im looking for a parti color or a cafe a lait, cream or a rich red.
I do not want white or black.
She will be 1 1/2 years when we first breed her.
We waited for her second heat.
I will not breed her to just any dog.
She is show quality and has extremly good bloodlines. If I dont find the right poodle I will wait till I can.
YOUR DOG MUST BE AKC REGISTERD!
Well trained and nice to females.
she will go into heat in the next month or two.
Let me know if you haved the right guy for my lady.

I breed my AKC registerd standerd poodle 1 month ago to my dark red AKC goldern retriver.My female is crystal white!
Shes exspecting in januray and im now ready to put people on the waiting list. No deposite is nessecary, but to those who choose to leave a 250 deposite will be first in line.
All deposites are refundable!
All the puppies will be registerd with ACHC.
They will come to you with their first set of shots, dewormed, vet checked, and a puppy bag full of goodies for you puppie.
We sell all the puppys but one, (male o female)then we put the names of every one who has bought a pupy into a jar a draw a name. Whoever is drawn gets the last puppy free or they get to pick a charity or disabled group to give the puppy to!
PIctures of parents and past puppies are avalible apon request.
We can have the puppy declawed or tails docked if asked to do so, and puppys price is already paid in full.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts