Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3yo 4.5lb toy poodle has been refusing her treats and kibble since Wednesday. She acts like she wants them and then either doesn't take them from me at all or very gently takes them into her mouth and then spits them out. She's done this occasionally in the past when she's had an upset stomach but never for more than a day. Initially, I thought she had an upset stomach because she had thrown up, but after more than a day of refusing, I tried soaking her kibble in water until it was completely soft and she gobbled it up. She is doing her business as normal and no more throwing up. She is acting hungry, but will only eat totally soft foods. I've looked in her mouth and her gums and teeth appear normal. She saw the vet for her annual checkup last month and all was well, including her teeth. She does have double canine teeth on the top and bottom because she never lost them as a puppy, but I regularly pick food out of them and brush her teeth. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I take her to the vet? I'm worried about my girl!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Yes, it sounds like she may need a dental (and I would get those extra canines extracted while she's under). I would definitely take her to the vet to find out what's going on.

·
Registered
12,475 Posts
It does sound as if something has happened to her mouth since her vet visit - best to get it checked sooner rather than later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts