Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!!
So Norman must have hurt his front right paw somehow. I’m thinking possibly bruised ??
he had a slight limp 2 days ago and he limps a good amount in the night and morning now. During the day he still runs his little heart out and plays. I can’t really stop this 62 pound of fur too much from playing but I’ve tried to have him rest well. But more and more he takes breaks to rest himself. And I’m not sure if it’s correlated to the paw
I called the vet to see if there’s a home remedy or ides they might have but they never called back. Will be trying again today.
i have looked all on his paw and there is no external wound I can find. No blood. No wood or anything in the skin. His nails are not cracked either. He’s a little hesitant with my touching a few toe so I’m not sure what a good cure can be. No crying or licking at the area. Just a little limp!
Do y’all know of a way to help him rest or alleviate the pain? Or any ideas on what it could be.
Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Poor Norman! For a limp that lasts more than 48 hours I'd try to get him in to see a vet. Until then, I'd restrict him from playing by only taking him out on a leash. It's impossible to tell what the problem is if he isn't showing any clear sign of injury, and you'll feel better having a vet examine him.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all!! Had a talk with the vet. They don’t seem too co vented being they know how much of a rascal he can be. He went in over a month ago with a crack nail.
So rest and some ice/heat compressions (if he will let me) should be good for now.
I agree if this lasts any longer I’m taking him in for sure.
but he’s acting completely normal and wild! Thanks all for the kind words and good advice.
Ps. He might be getting a brother/sister here soon so he better her his act together!! Lol

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts
Buck had a mild sprain and we took him in. Different times, then. He was given an anti inflammatory and I was told to restrain running and jumping for 10 day to two weeks. He was better, but it was a trial for both of us, just like his neuter reduced activity countdown. Don’t let his impatience /exuberance, turn the reduced activity goal back to day one. Best wishes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts