Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard from the vets, and Poppy had an adenoma, a benign tumour. The laboratory recommended spaying, which was done at the same time as the lump removal, so now just to get her safely through the recovery. It is a relief, but I think it will take her a while to get her bounce back - she is physically bruised and emotionally stressed, and is going to need quite a lot of TLC and chicken to make things better. She thinks she would like to go for a walk, but then wants to go back to the car as quickly as possible in case anything horrible happens. Meanwhile Sophy is desperate for a four mile hike across country, preferably with rabbits and squirrels and nice dogs and people to meet...

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
A benign tumor is the best news.

Recovery is a pain to go through but hopefully in a few days she will be back to her old self.

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Glad to hear that the tumor was benign. Hope you feel better soon, Poppy!

Johanna and Zoe

·
Premium Member
22,990 Posts
Very happy for you all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’m so very very happy to hear your good news. Poppy couldn’t have a better mother to nurse her back to physical and emotional well being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Excellent news! And of course, chicken cures everything!!LOL! Hope her recovery is quick!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I am so very happy for you all! Hope she is back to her old self and bouncing around again very soon.....with the help of chicken, of course!:angel:

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She woke up this morning very nearly bouncy, and is being so good. She was about to set off downstairs when she remembered to wait and came to me to be carried down instead - just as well as I had let go of the leash to put on my dressing gown. I think I will take her to the river path this morning and hope there is no shooting going on, then this afternoon we will go down by the estuary. Both places have parking so I can pop her back in the car and take Sophy for a mile or two. Sophy's face when I turned back after a hundred yards yesterday to take Poppy back to her comfy place in the car was an absolute picture of horror - "WHAT?!!! You call that a walk?!!!!". We met a friend with biscuits on the way, fortunately, which made the small detour far more acceptable.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
For this news I say O Frabjous Day!!!

Poppy will be herself quickly and long walks and lovely treats are on the horizon :)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
What wonderful news the tumor was benign! Here recovery I feel will now go smoothly and it won't be long before her bounce is back. My dogs always have had quick recoveries to the point I had to really keep them quiet or they would have been running everywhere.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, after being stiff and sore all last week, and beginning to feel better over the weekend, Poppy is very nearly back to full bounce today - just 8 full days after the op. I have an appointment with her vet tomorrow, although I think he may want to wait another few days to take the stitches out. I wanted to talk it all through with him, and that was the only day available this week.

We are working through the fearfulness with short walks and Jolly Hockey sticks - bracing cheerfulness in the face of adversity! It has turned cold with a sharp East wind and wintery showers, so short walks suit all of us at the moment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts