Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poppy has been bathed and clipped, the crate is vacuumed and the bedding all washed (I will leave her own crate for comfort), she has had a pleasant walk, a good supper, and a tooth chew, and I am sticking to our usual happy routine and trying to control my nerves about taking her in tomorrow. She is happy and bouncy and full of beans ...

She is healthy, the operation is pretty routine (lump removal and spay), our own very experienced vet will be doing it, with full monitoring equipment, etc, etc. Nothing is going to stop me worrying, though.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
I hope all goes smoothly - good luck.

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Hoping Poppy has a quick and painless recovery! We will be sending good thoughts!!

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just back from dropping Poppy off at the vet's - poor little sausage was in even more of a dither than me. The op is scheduled for mid-morning, and I should know how she is by 1pm-ish - they wait for them to come round from the anaesthetic and be up and showing interest before they can come home. I am of course fighting down the anxiety, and remembering when my cat Shouna was spayed 50 years ago - no safe anaesthetics, no team of vets and nurses just one old fashioned practitioner, no monitoring equipment, no supervised recovery (I picked her up still flat out in her basket with a huge poo beside her so it was clear no one had checked on her at all), but she came through happily and healthily. Things are so much less risky now, I keep telling myself...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Sending good thoughts for Poppy and you. I think the worst part is keeping them calm during their recovery. As we get closer to Renn's neuter I feel myself getting anxious. Not for the op but for the aftercare. Hopefully when his time comes he will be a little calmer. I'll be checking back to hear how Poppy did.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Waiting for news is just the worst part of most of these kinds of things. Sending healing vibes...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Things are much better now, fjm. Keep that in your thoughts as you wait anxiously. I'm sending hugs and positive thoughts you way for you and Poppy. ((( )))

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Hopefully Poppy is happily home with you now being well looked after and perfectly content to remain nice and quiet for her recovery.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts