Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the dog park for the first time last night. After she warmed up to so many other dogs she had a great time, well except when any of them barked at her. They were mainly trying to get he to play, but she would freze and get a look of terror on her face and then get to me as quickly as she could. She impressed me by staying in eyesight and coming when called:) At one point she was chasing my friend's black lab and the lab took off into the pond, Poppy followed and then realized she was in deep water. After the initial "oh what have I done" she came back out. She did go in again a few time but not too deep. The pictures include Poppy, Oliver-cream golden doodle, Honey- Basset Hound, Hunter- my friend's yellow Lab Gracie- my friends's black Lab. She was tuckered out, see pic in car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Oh she sure had fun. I bet you had to give her a bath when you got home. I only go to dog parks when there is no rain, puddles or anything other than a water dish. If I only had one, I wouldn't care at all....looks like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Glad to see Poppy. It has been a while. Looks like she had a great time and pooped herself right out. I wish we had a dog park around here. My guys would love it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks like she definitely enjoyed herself. I wanted to take Savannah to the dog park near where my cousin lives (I live out in the country she lives in the city and I stay with her from time to time lol) but then I found out that they have alligators there. :scared:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think a dog park with allagators would not be the park for me, well anyone who loved their dogs. The park is located at Pet Safe Villiage, they have boarding there also and a retail store. While we were at the park my friend informed me of their self bathing area, I had been looking for one but had not found any, so I basically let her have at it playing and getting muddy. My plan was just to go and give her a bath afterwards. Well no such luck, we were done after the hours of the business. I probably would have let her have at it anyway, but the thoughts of bathing her before she got into my NEW CAR:scared: just made things perfect. I did have her blanket down as you can see in the pic so the car was fine. When we got home I had to spray her and my lower legs off before we came into the house. I gave her a bath first thing the next morning. I will probably make sure I am there during business hours from now on and we will visit some just to give her a bath, they have a high velocity dryer that I can use. The self bath is $10 and you get the 6th one free, sounds reasonable to me. They supply shampoo, but you can bring your own also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts