Poodle Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
As I started to read your post, I was dreading what you wrote.....what a relief that her liver tests continue to improve. I know with the medication and your tlc she will be back to normal quickly.

·
Registered
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
FJM,
You know Poppy and what to do in this situation best. My apology for intruding. It’s heartbreaking, to understand how scary for you, each change in Poppy’s GI function is; it can be nothing or something serious.
Mick, you are not intruding at all, just being kind and caring as you always are - Poppy will be on oatmeal in a flash if the canned food proves to upset her tum!

Yes, it was a sticky few hours waiting for the results, Skylar - I had rather hoped the vet would say it was nothing to worry about when I phoned, but his concern, and the added precautions to avoid direct contact, all made it seem even more doom laden.

She is bouncing back very quickly - a short walk for her today, I think, and a longer one for Sophy and me. Glorious Spring sunshine here, and the overgrown garden beckons...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mick, you are not intruding at all, just being kind and caring as you always are - Poppy will be on oatmeal in a flash if the canned food proves to upset her tum!

Yes, it was a sticky few hours waiting for the results, Skylar - I had rather hoped the vet would say it was nothing to worry about when I phoned, but his concern, and the added precautions to avoid direct contact, all made it seem even more doom laden.

She is bouncing back very quickly - a short walk for her today, I think, and a longer one for Sophy and me. Glorious Spring sunshine here, and the overgrown garden beckons...
FJM,
How did the short walk(s) go?Was Poppy able to manage it?
You are getting double routine of walks between Poppy & Sophie. How are you holding up? It’s nice to hear that you are thinking about your garden needing work; something to take your mind off cautiously optimistic to gloom, and back. Try not to over exert yourself between the girls care & the garden. Enjoy the sunshine and sights of spring blooms.

·
Registered
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
She's doing well, thanks Mick. Back to enjoying walks of up to a mile, especially if I take care to have a few treats in my pocket to encourage her.

I definitely overdid it a bit myself yesterday clearing out the garage, so am being a bit more careful now, and building up a little at a time. Always tempting to launch in and do to much when the sun starts shining...

·
Registered
361 Posts

So glad to hear this good news about dear Poppy

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

61 - 65 of 65 Posts