Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welllllllll I've had a stressful week, jobs, family, friends, and pets have all suffered losses in the last week.

I decided that both the poodles smelled BAD and it isn't their fault since I have been falling behind on grooming lately. Jazz hasn't had a bath is almost a month.... omg, I think thats a reccord for us. I got the bright idea that it would be a good idea to shave jazz so it would be easier to bathe her in my bathtub, (i'm waiting on delievery of my new grooming tibe), and hey it's October and i'm doing a short clip so what better time to try a ponydoodle than right before halloween? Sometimes I get ideas that are just not as fantastic as I think they are. I think I need to make a rule to look at the clock the next time one of these bright ideas strikes. New rule; if brilliant grooming idea occures after 10:30 pm, let it go. LoL.

As you can see I grabbed Jazz and hubby since I can't lift her on the table anymore and got right to work, at almost 11:00 pm lol.
Here she is all grown out from out last creative groom and ready for a new look.

I did a little test strip with a 7 blade on her chest and hubby approved so on I went.

Poor Jazz.

I'd have to say the photo doesn't do this clip justice, it's really much worse in person. She looks so skinny and rangy and well so unlike Jazz. I couldn't bring myself to shave her ears again for the complete pony look. It's taking forever to get them to grow after last time I shaved them. They were starting to look awful and stringy so I am glad that I trimmed them up.

And one headshot just for good measure. At least she still has a happy looking face.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A healthy, clean poodle can never look awful <3

Her short coat looks so velvety! ^^ I love that freshly shaven look.
Hehe, I guess now might be a bad time to mention she hasn't had her bath yet. I groomed my big boy spoo client today and it took all day, Jazz and Saleen both have to wait, yet again, for their bathes. I don't hear them complaining but Hubby is, he doesn't want Jazz to sleep in the bed lol.

·
Registered
478 Posts
LOL - I feel your pain. I'm around 11 weeks pregnant and have been sick big time. Wrigley looked so awful and I couldn't get him into the groomer, so I just took him outside one evening and started shaving away - I have no pictures to show how awful it is (because I'm just too embarrassed) but I couldn't even finish him and hubby was like "WHAT DID YOU DO?" I've had to wait a few weeks because I wasn't about to take him in looking as bad - I had to give him a little time to grow out a little bit...
So, I feel your pain and honestly, how nice it will be that she is in a short cut - easy to bath and cool for her. :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wow that's a change! I can't wait to see what you do with her for Halloween.

So, it's hard to tell, but does she have spotted skin under her hair? It looks that way, in the groomed photo. Just based on my cats, they always had different colored fur where their skin was a different color.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, it's hard to tell, but does she have spotted skin under her hair? It looks that way, in the groomed photo. Just based on my cats, they always had different colored fur where their skin was a different color.
Nope no spots on her skin, She's pink pretty much all over her body, only her face and feet have the darker color.

gwtwmum2 Congrats :) I hope you get over the sickness faster than I have. I'm 20 weeks now (I think, haha I'll have to go check my counter on myspace to be sure) and I am STILL sick. We've been traveling a lot the last two days because my grandfather passed and we had to attend the various services. Tuesday was ok, we were able to make a whole little day trip and go shopping and have a nice meal and just a pleasent day all around before going to the visitation. This morning on the other hand.... holy cow!! Hubby was standing outside the bathroom door trying to be as sensative as possible with his gentle reminders that it was a two hour trip no including bathroom stops and uhhh honey we reeealllly need to leave about now or we'll be late. Poor guy, he's never been to a funeral before but he was pretty sure it was an unspoken rule that you're not allowed to be late. Thankgod for my ginger and peppermint and my magic pills, I don't think I could have made the car trip without them.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
WP, it sounds like you have had a lot going on and particularly difficult being pregnant. I feel for you. Condolences on your Grandfather.

I'll keep asking the dog angels to let Jazz and Saleen get a bath! :eyebrows:

Jazz looks good. I do think she needs a little more hair though. She looks a little naked. Will she have Lady Godiva riding poised on her back for Halloween? LOL.

Main thing is that it is only hair and I bet she will grow back super soft and velvety in no time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Poor you Wonder. I'm sorry you are still sick. But, if you are 20 weeks does that mean you have a sono coming up? Then we can find out if your are being tortured by a little boy or a little girl! :)
With my boys I was sick well into the second trimester - I'm praying this one isn't as long...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts