Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hi my name is Amber, and I'm addicted to dog stuff that I don't need"

is there anything that when you go to a store- you don't leave without(pertaining to your pets)

My dogs shred their toys, but I always buy those multi packs of dog toys they sell in Petsmart.

I also LOVE to buy clothes for Izzy, our toy poodle.

and then there is grooming products.... I have like 4 cans of hairspray,2 cans of chalk,3 or 4 slicker brushes, a bazillion combs, and 90 gallons of shampoo. :wacko:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I take handouts of things tried and didn't like so you can just PM me for my address to make space for more things you don't need.:giggle:

"Hi my name is Amber, and I'm addicted to dog stuff that I don't need"

is there anything that when you go to a store- you don't leave without(pertaining to your pets)

My dogs shred their toys, but I always buy those multi packs of dog toys they sell in Petsmart.

I also LOVE to buy clothes for Izzy, our toy poodle.

and then there is grooming products.... I have like 4 cans of hairspray,2 cans of chalk,3 or 4 slicker brushes, a bazillion combs, and 90 gallons of shampoo. :wacko:

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
"Hi my name is Katina and I cannot go to a pet store without spending money on my dogs"

Sad to say I am this way and I really need to stop!!!! I can't seem to help myself............:wacko:

I too have a growing list of brushes and slickers - I too have toys that I continue to buy even though my one dog chews them up. And I cannot tell you how much money I have spent on dog beds - OH and I have outfits that they never wore!!

I am currently in recovery from this addiction and improving everyday but I did relaps yesterday - when I bought them all goofy hats and reindeer ears!! I will send pics once they all sit for the pose:eek:hwell::rolffleyes:

:)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You all are in trouble if you ever get to a dog show with all the vendors Holy Moley ..
You name it you will find it..

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Not likely to see me there:)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I'll be glad when the "classified" section of the forum is up and running - we can buy/sell/swap stuff with each other! I'd rather pay some of you guys my $$ rather than giving it to PetSmart! :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If you want to see poodle vendor heaven go to PCA.
I got this a few years ago, cost almost as much as a real poodle.
Carole
OMG Carole I love it !!!!! I think that the PCA would be very much like the Irish Setter Club of America nationals .. OMG I was in heaven there too. Does PCA travel to the differnet regions? Or does it stay in the east?

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I'll be glad when the "classified" section of the forum is up and running - we can buy/sell/swap stuff with each other! I'd rather pay some of you guys my $$ rather than giving it to PetSmart! :)
Have you seen the collars Carole makes? (Dogsinstyle) They are amazing!! If I ever win the loittery, every dog here will have one in every style. FABULOUS!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So can you email me some of the collars that you make ? i had no idea.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I've informed my husband that the bookcases we have will have poodle stuff on top of them so I'm going to slowly start acquiring poodle collectables to put up there. He gave me one of those "ooookay" looks and just let it go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have to admit that I am an addict too.

I cannot go into a store without buying something for my dog. I buy toys because they are cute and I think he needs them.. Thank goodness he is not a toy shredder.
I am also addicted in buying nice soft comfy throws and crate pads for his crate and I am addicted in buying dog bowls, bags to carry his stuff when we go to school or trials.. you name it and I am addicted in buying.

I just want to make sure Simon has everything. Oh, I forgot about the collars and dog ID tags... yikes...................

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Ditto! (I'm addicted to Craigslist)

-----------

I'm addicted to buying clothes for Perry and TQ. Addicted. TheFiance can attest. Much of my disposable income goes to getting them cute things to wear. I also love to buy the dogs toys, but have been VERY good about not doing so lately, seeing as our dogs have a GIANT tub of toys and play with.

My favorite things to buy for them are tag collars, clothes, blankets, and beds!

Don't get me started on beds!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I guess I am in the minority, as I am not addicted to buying dog stuff. Don't get me wrong, they have all the necessities, but I am just not addicted to buying things. I find that buying is really for me and not for them, so I stick to buying things for the kids and myself. My furababies get tons of attention, exercise, great food, grooming and I carry health insurance for them. As far as toys, they don't really play with them, they prefer playing with each other.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Don't even talk to me about this. I'm on a first name basis with the clerks at my local pet stores. All of them.

It is impossible for me to leave without buying a toy or treats for both my dog and my cat.

You should see my living room floor! Hurricane Teddy in the house!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I would put myself in a middle ground on this. I *ahem* "used to be" a collar/leash addict. I have gotten my habbit WAY under control though! I have Almost enought collars for every situation imaginable. I have my favorite, broken in leashes so why buy more? I can pass up on alot of toys. Riley is particular on what he likes, and he MUCH prefers to play with a plain old towel! I dont dole out treats, so i only keep training treats around and biscuits (for the occ. treat and he gets one at bed everynight for his vomiting).

I have a TON of collar sights saved on my computer, and have a list of what i want for my next girl. So in general, i would say i am doing pretty well.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I would put myself in a middle ground on this. I *ahem* "used to be" a collar/leash addict. I have gotten my habbit WAY under control though! I have Almost enought collars for every situation imaginable. I have my favorite, broken in leashes so why buy more? I can pass up on alot of toys. Riley is particular on what he likes, and he MUCH prefers to play with a plain old towel! I dont dole out treats, so i only keep training treats around and biscuits (for the occ. treat and he gets one at bed everynight for his vomiting).

I have a TON of collar sights saved on my computer, and have a list of what i want for my next girl. So in general, i would say i am doing pretty well.
So you are recovering?! LOL:) Good for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts