Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot depends on a dog’s individual personality but is there anything that can be said, in general about Poodles and other dogs? That is, how do they get along?

Is there a better time/age to try to introduce dogs to each other?
It’s probable that in the future I’ll be moving in with somebody with a dog that will stil be relatively toung. However, in the meantime, I really want a dog of my own.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Generally, I think poodles mix well with other dogs. Completely depends on the individuals involved. Sorry to be vague, but it's just impossible to predict.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I have different dogs in and out of my house all the time. Mine do very well. If it is the first time, I have to watch Cayenne as she thinks she is the boss of everyone in the house. She will snap at a new dog if it gets too close to Bella or Sage and size means nothing to her. She goes right between them. When I bring a new dog home, I introduce them watch them closely for a couple of weeks until they start setting close, and everything is fine. These have all been females

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Is there a better time/age to try to introduce dogs to each other?
It’s probable that in the future I’ll be moving in with somebody with a dog that will stil be relatively toung. However, in the meantime, I really want a dog of my own.
Does this other dog get along with other dogs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts