Poodle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Tyler
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can't just be my boy who does this. Tyler has plenty of dog toys to choose from, and he occasionally loves all of them. But often the best toy (per the 馃惄) is a pillow. (Note how he moved his pillow from one end of the futon to the other. 馃ぃ)

Blue Dog Textile Art Carnivore

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Publication

Believe it or not, he has yet to damage any pillow he's attached himself to. Such a good boy!

Attachments

Super Moderator
Snarky and Pogo liked pillows, but they preferred carrying smaller throw pillows than Tyler seems to. Pogo was exceptionally materialistic and also exceptionally gentle with his favorite objects. Things didn't get destroyed except on the rare occasions he and Snarky played tug with something.

Registered
Both my minipoos ignore throw pillows. It's not the size because they do have some larger toys of similar size.

I wonder why some dogs go after throw pillows and others don't?

Registered
Tyler
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder why some dogs go after throw pillows and others don't?
I would speculate that it has something to do with our scent, but Ty likes all pillows, not just the ones I personally use. I think it has more to do with the pushability and portability of something soft - kind of like big plush toys but without the squeaker.

Registered
It can't just be my boy who does this. Tyler has plenty of dog toys to choose from, and he occasionally loves all of them. But often the best toy (per the 馃惄) is a pillow. (Note how he moved his pillow from one end of the futon to the other. 馃ぃ)

View attachment 492702

View attachment 492704

Believe it or not, he has yet to damage any pillow he's attached himself to. Such a good boy!
I really love your futon and pillow covers!

Registered
Wally uses the bed pillows to curl up and sleep on but when he's awake and spunky he gets under them and flips them until they fall off the bed. Throw pillows are for fun. I have several on my bed that are just the right size to get in his mouth and carry off to wherever he wants them. He likes to shake them and growl but he hasn't damaged any.

Registered
Leo does love the throw pillows until the day I hide the throw pillows with my wife's suggestion. the day after I hide them, Leo finds the pillows which are under our sofa where Leo not reachable. still don't know how he got them and rip them apart. I'm sure he had more fun with throw pillows than me. Anyway, we are out of throw pillows in our home.

Registered

View attachment 492702

View attachment 492704

Registered
Asher has destroyed every stuffed plush dog toy I have had for the last 10 years or more. I cannot give him any plush toy and he even chews up those made for the toughest chewer. All the pillows are in the closet. He knows it is wrong, but that means nothing. He goes to day training once a week for 7 hours and we did a lot of one on one work, but his love of destroying soft things continues. He was a year old April 4. Unlike any dog I have had and I have had 22 of them-Dobermans, Greyhounds, lots of Littles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts