Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I am just in research mode. I won't be ready for a pup for about a year or so. I found this breeder on poodlesonline.com. Does anyone have any of their poodles, or any experience with them? I am starting to like the idea of an undocked tail. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know much about evaluating breeders but this site rubs me the wrong way.
I agree, the site itself is very cluttered. It is tough to weed through to figure things out. So far, it's looking like Barclay is my best bet for a miniature within a reasonable driving distance from Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know several Barclay dogs personally and have owned one. They are nice. Recently a client got a young male from her who is a character, I adore him. Barbara will be able to help you choose just the right dog for you and your family. It's nice to build a relationship with the breeder long before actually getting your dog.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Barclay dogs are beautiful and Barbara truly has years and years of experience in the breed.
Thank you, cbrand. Your responses are always very helpful. It's obvious that you are very knowledgeable about poodles!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know several Barclay dogs personally and have owned one. They are nice. Recently a client got a young male from her who is a character, I adore him. Barbara will be able to help you choose just the right dog for you and your family. It's nice to build a relationship with the breeder long before actually getting your dog.
Then, Barclay it is! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm late to the party but I just wanted to add that I have two Casa la Strega poodles (pictured below in my Sig--the black one and the Sable one, both on the far right). Her website might not be the easiest to navigate and the pictures aren't the best, etc., but I love her poodles! No health problems, excellent temperaments, etc. My sister also has two of Joy's poodles.

On a side note, she's retiring from breeding and is re-homing the remainder of her breeding dogs. The silver Cabryn Poodle (Jersey) is spoken for but the rest are still available (but soon to go to a Poodle rescue). She has a gorgeous phantom male from the Czech Republic! :)

Our boys and girls

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Ha, two is not enough for you, huh Skye? Gotta leave some for the rest of us! :wink:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, the thread is old (sorry), but I just joined the forum and wanted to add my two cents (along with the info regarding her pending retirement and re-homing of the remaining poods)! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts