Poodle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am just in research mode. I won't be ready for a pup for about a year or so. I found this breeder on poodlesonline.com. Does anyone have any of their poodles, or any experience with them? I am starting to like the idea of an undocked tail. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know much about evaluating breeders but this site rubs me the wrong way.
I agree, the site itself is very cluttered. It is tough to weed through to figure things out. So far, it's looking like Barclay is my best bet for a miniature within a reasonable driving distance from Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know several Barclay dogs personally and have owned one. They are nice. Recently a client got a young male from her who is a character, I adore him. Barbara will be able to help you choose just the right dog for you and your family. It's nice to build a relationship with the breeder long before actually getting your dog.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know several Barclay dogs personally and have owned one. They are nice. Recently a client got a young male from her who is a character, I adore him. Barbara will be able to help you choose just the right dog for you and your family. It's nice to build a relationship with the breeder long before actually getting your dog.
Then, Barclay it is! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm late to the party but I just wanted to add that I have two Casa la Strega poodles (pictured below in my Sig--the black one and the Sable one, both on the far right). Her website might not be the easiest to navigate and the pictures aren't the best, etc., but I love her poodles! No health problems, excellent temperaments, etc. My sister also has two of Joy's poodles.

On a side note, she's retiring from breeding and is re-homing the remainder of her breeding dogs. The silver Cabryn Poodle (Jersey) is spoken for but the rest are still available (but soon to go to a Poodle rescue). She has a gorgeous phantom male from the Czech Republic! :)

Our boys and girls

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Ha, two is not enough for you, huh Skye? Gotta leave some for the rest of us! :wink:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, the thread is old (sorry), but I just joined the forum and wanted to add my two cents (along with the info regarding her pending retirement and re-homing of the remaining poods)! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.