Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts
Anything with my husband is Peggy's favourite thing to do. Here she is keeping him company while he does some late night work:

She also loves fetch, frisbee, protecting us from the dog in the mirror, eating chicken or cheese, playing in water (any water!) and watching Turner Classic Movies.

·
Super Moderator
1,529 Posts
Pogo likes:
  • Playing fetch (with squeaky tennis balls only)
  • Training horses (the barn dogs run outside the round pen with a fence between them and the horses; letting the dogs run alongside helps desensitize the horses)
  • Learning tricks with the clicker training
  • Cruising on a pontoon boat
  • Chasing squirrels
  • Hanging out with his male human
Snarky liked:
  • Training horses
  • Pestering his brother during fetch games
  • Boat rides
  • Car rides
  • Hanging out with his female human
Snarky didn't have Pogo's work ethic. His attitude when asked to fetch was, "Why did you throw away that perfectly good tennis ball? And you want ME to go find it now?" He also made it clear, during training, that he was only there for the treats and would do the bare minimum necessary to earn them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Emma stays pretty busy herding the cows away from the barn to protect me, playing race along the fence with two stud colts, making friends with the new foals (they address her favs), helping me feed running along with the Kawasaki Mule, and staying all up in my business making sure she's first in line for any attention. She's also pretty efficient at pulling up all last year's dried up weeds and bringing them to me for yard ornaments. Going for car rides with me gets her really excited. Living here at the house barn she stays really busy. She may slow down this summer because in winter she gets hot even with a short cut. Well see. May have to invest in a pool.

·
Super Moderator
1,529 Posts
Living here at the house barn she stays really busy. She may slow down this summer because in winter she gets hot even with a short cut. Well see. May have to invest in a pool.
We got the barn dogs a shallow Rubbermaid watering trough. They jump in it and lie down to cool off when they have been running hard.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Peggy LOVES her plastic kiddie pool, but I worry about it heating up in the summer and releasing dangerous chemicals into the water (which she, of course, also loves to drink). I'd love ideas for a cost-effective, healthy alternative.
Many dogs like to play with sprinklers in the summer. Zephyr is not a fan of water, but this is my Giant Schnauzer Zorro.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm thinking Emma will like the sprinkler thing as well since she tires to play with the water hose when I'm filling horse tanks and drinks off the ends as I drain them to prevent freezing. Would like to get her to a pond or lake when it warms up.

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts
Many dogs like to play with sprinklers in the summer. Zephyr is not a fan of water, but this is my Giant Schnauzer Zorro.
View attachment 465050
? What a picture! I think Peggy would love a sprinkler. She already waits patiently at the outdoor faucets, hoping someone will take pity on her and turn them on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Normie's in his element when digging holes in the backyard. No pictures because when he hears me coming down the stairs he runs to me and says - those darn squirrels dug another hole!

He's not in his element when having his face and feet washed.
Normie's in his element when digging holes in the backyard. No pictures because when he hears me coming down the stairs he runs to me and says - those darn squirrels dug another hole!

Emma's not a self starter on the digging (unless it's in a pot) but she can sure do a good follow up imitation when her older sister and brother get one started for her!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Snoop has no shame about digging holes ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts