Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I had previously owned Amstaffs and Im fairly new to the Poodle breed. I originally really wanted to show Poodle's (conformation)after getting my first boy. After a while I realized I couldn't commit to the prep a show coat needs. Then I started to lean towards having Amstaffs again. STUPID IDEA! Luckily we did NOT get another Amstaff and Ive decided to lay off the showing for now and just concentrate on life.

I have been teaching Eli basic obedience and we still practice with the little agility equipment I have. I do want to get back out in the ring one day but I don't want to rush like I was trying to do.

So.... for all you Poodle Savy's I just wanted to say "Im back" and sticking to Standard Poodles.....for good. LOL Who could really go back to another breed after owning a Standard Poodle anyways...they are just to great of a breed!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not show Eli in the UKC? You can show in Sporting and Puppy clips on adult dogs.

Anyway yay for Poodles!
Oh because Eli is toed out in the front, low tail set and tailed was docked too short. His tail wouldn't look so bad if his tail set wasn't so low. He doesn't even move good....not much reach or drive. Its just too many things for me. lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
I so wish we had some sort of half way showing scene for beginners, I'd be way to scared to enter our show scene! Not that it would matter for me cause I'd still be too far away but I'd love to have a go especially with T. His full brother and sister are doing quite well in Baby classes at the moment and I'd love for him to have a go, reckon he'd be quite the showman.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I so wish we had some sort of half way showing scene for beginners, I'd be way to scared to enter our show scene! Not that it would matter for me cause I'd still be too far away but I'd love to have a go especially with T. His full brother and sister are doing quite well in Baby classes at the moment and I'd love for him to have a go, reckon he'd be quite the showman.
Thats cool that his littermates are beginning to show. Even if you never make it out with T its great knowing that he came from a litter that had a few champions. (in the future) You'll have to share pics of his littermates if you get some. I'd love to see them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts