Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I’m MK and I’m the mom to an incredible pup named Echo. Echo is starting training to be my service dog, he’s 6 months old which is a little late admittedly but I had to go through a major flare before knowing what I needed him to be able to do other than bring my my meds. I was diagnosed with lupus about 8 months ago. Echo is super smart but isn’t really food motivated which makes training a bit difficult. Anyway welcome to this forum! If anyone has any advice I’d be so happy to hear it!

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Hi, MK! I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Sounds like Echo is going to have a very important role! What sort of tasks will he be trained to assist with aside from retrieving meds?

And what high-value treats have you tried? Does he respond better to praise? Or maybe play?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So echo will be act as a mobility assistant as needed. Bringing and reminding me of my meds will be his daily job but I need help with mobility only when I have flares. He has tried almost ever training treat in our local pet stores and chicken and bacon. He will still preform for treats but he’s not as interested in treats. We have been trying with toys but he starts training with a professional in a few weeks who hopefully will be able to help with his lack of food motivation!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts