Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol yup. Prissy. Just like yours. Seriously, someone told me they were prissy. Best taken downtown to stroll the shops, not to the backcountry to stroll the rocks, I guess? The great thing is - Annie happily does both.

All of my camping buddies now have getting "an Annie" on their bucket list lol. The last holdout changed their mind after our last trip and now is in the "OMG Annie is the best dog ever and not weird looking after all" camp. I keep reminding them she is a hell of a lot of work to keep behaving like the "best dog ever" and they are undeterred.

Keep those pictures of these citified, indoors only poodles coming!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you going to let me get in the car? It was just one mud puddle....okay maybe it was three. But they were calling my name!

View attachment 468751

Her legs look black in this photo but they actually they are 90% white 😂
Omg.... a rare mud poodle!!! Looks like someone had FUN. I love having an all black dog- I can pretend she isnt really that dirty. Until I put her in the tub and see the colour of the water lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We recently took Riley on her first canoe trip. At 7 months old, she was a natural! Sat still in the canoe. Loved running up and down the trails on portages (getting super muddy in the process) and had a blast chasing chipmunks around the campsite. Poodles are great camping dogs.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not good dogs for camping, or the outdoors. Or at least, some people told me that when Annie was a puppy.

Good thing no one told her that nonsense!
View attachment 468720

View attachment 468721

(Inviting all muddy, wet, hiking poodle pictures)
Also glad nobody shared that idea with Charlie the Poodle! We live in the British Columbia interior for most of the year, but are constantly camping. We hike on mountain trails, have lived off the grid in the Arizona desert for 3 months in our travel trailer, and Poodle is always ready for adventure in all weather. Last year our area experienced 32 feet of total snowfall - Charlie loves going on long snowshoeing hikes with me! The first photo is our daughter's house, where Charlie disappeared from the back yard by walking over top of the snow-buried 7 foot fence to visit his friend Wolf next door. Next is a hike along the shoreline near our home in a mountain valley
IMG_20200118_1539445.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
What a great bunch!
No way are standards prissy. My girls absolutely love getting off leash and chasing squirrels, deer and any other unsuspecting critter. Especially geese, which I’ve explained to them they will never catch. Lol
Here’s a shot of my Princess after a romp in the park. She always sits up front. 9 years old and still very much a pup. 9011BD41-B95C-4415-9B3E-A17EFAB4B353.jpeg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts