Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pictures of our new place...places the poodles love to take walks and/or hikes. Some pictures are hikes without the dogs. The small ones, if clicked will enlarge, but I don't know how to get it turned upright. Grrr.

Anyhow, I live just a couple miles from the beach. It's what I call "my beach." There are not too many people around usually and it's so peaceful. There's one with my daughter and me on a hike. And look at cute Maurice checking out a crab boat that was just sitting there on the beach. (that's another beach) I'm collecting agates and pretty rocks and my ex got a rock polisher for Xmas from our daughter so that's in my garage tumbling away. (He insisted. It's fun getting a present that isn't even your present) hahaha.

20181230_124112 (1) .jpg

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's Washington.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Wow, what a beautiful place for you and the boys.

Reactions: Poodlebeguiled

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a great place to have settled in! (I love tree lined paths!) You & daughter look so happy and the boys too!

Reactions: Poodlebeguiled

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Such a beautiful place. It looks so peaceful. I think many of us would enjoy walking in such a nice area. I live in a subdivision, house after house, not so much beauty here and the area is building up. I wish I had my old property, I had lots of land surrounding me. Happy Trails!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks guys...it is a beautiful place. And after such a lot of hard times in my recent years, it is indeed my little Shangrila.

Mufar...I live in a subdivision too. It's a terrific neighborhood...not too big, but bigger than my last. And it's full of super friendly people and a lot of us socialize...have a ladies luncheon every month. Most are retired. I have missed my acreage in north Idaho where I lived for 10 years. What I missed about it was the hiking and the gorgeous property. My most recent place before this though, was a subdivision but nowhere much that was super close to go hiking that felt safe (a passion) So when I decided on this place, I wanted the convenience of living close to the city like the last place, but also close to recreation. This is perfect. This is a brand new, semi custom, simple house for my retirement. It's brand spankin' new and I got to not only choose colors, but materials, fixtures, even some of the structure. I changed from a sliding glass door to a French door in the back. The roof line, the vents, all kinds of stuff. It was fun and it's beautiful but modest. Not too big, pretty compact and functional. It has a heat pump which is great and hardwood floors in all but two bedrooms. One bedroom I turned into a den/sitting room type thing. So, depending on your age, a subdivision can be really nice. When I was younger, I loved having acreage and being out in the toolies. But now I like being 1 mile from town. I can walk to the grocery store if I had a mind to. So I'm in the city but there's country all around. Even right next to me and behind is alfalfa fields. One time the farmer's sprinklers were mal adjusted and the water came flying over my fence. OMG! Those big, humungous sprinklers on big humungous wheels...:scared:

Thank you all for such gracious and kind comments. Charmed, thanks. The poodle lads are such a joy and great hiking buddies. They're beautiful when they're first groomed, but it doesn't last long. lol.

Thanks Asta'smom...yes I am lucky. After such difficulty and tragedy and loss in my life in recent years, this is a real blessing, which I am thankful for every day. I think it's so important to count our blessings and not dwell on the hardships but look for the positive. Things can always be worse and they can be better too. Life is interesting.

Poodle pictures: LOL.

mish'a salt & pepper shakers gift.jpg

Reactions: StormeeK
1 - 12 of 12 Posts